How Kelvin Hopkins voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted very strongly against a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted moderately against more EU integrationDetails
- Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Kelvin Hopkins sometimes rebelled against their party in this parliament
It is a great and rather unexpected pleasure to speak this afternoon, and a great pleasure to follow the hon. Member for Gainsborough (Sir Edward Leigh). We may have different views on a range of subjects, but I support the idea that MPs should stand by their principles, speak up for their constituents and be independent-minded, as well as being broadly in line with their own party’s...
As a member of the Select Committee, I was pleased to have taken part in the work on this first-class report. I congratulate the Chairman on his strong leadership in bringing forward the report and on his statement today. The issue of no-crime rates for rapes and sexual offences is a most serious matter. Although I fully support the recommendation for research, is the matter not so serious...
There are serious concerns about air pollution in our cities, notably London, and there is particular concern about the effect of diesel particulates on human health. It is now a matter of urgency to reduce diesel emissions, which could be achieved through a substantial modal shift of freight traffic from road to rail. Such a modal shift cannot happen unless there is major investment in...
More of Kelvin Hopkins's recent appearances
Labour MP for Luton North
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Home Department
- Railways: Franchises
- Railways: Freight
- Directly Operated Railways
- Departments: Contracts
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Deregulation Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2013 to 11 Dec 2013)
- Member, Transport Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 21 Mar 2011)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (26 Apr 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (6 Dec 2005 to 15 Nov 2007)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 54 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 58 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.02% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 91 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kelvin Hopkins’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 643 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.