What assessment he has made of the effect on the balance of trade of depreciation of the euro.
The UK has a trade deficit of about £1 billion a week with the rest of the EU, equivalent to 1 million jobs lost, and the significant depreciation of the euro rate against sterling, while bringing a short-term benefit to the trade balance because of the J-curve effect, will cause serious longer-term damage to the economy. What discussions has the Secretary of State had with the...
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what discussions he has had with the Secretary of State for Health on the effects on people's health of the cuts to alcohol duty in the Budget 2015.
More of Kelvin Hopkins's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Luton North
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Education and Skills
- Home Department
- Railways: Freight
- Railways: Franchises
- Directly Operated Railways
- Electronic Tagging
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Deregulation Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2013 to 11 Dec 2013)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (17 Jan 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Transport Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 21 Mar 2011)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (25 Apr 2007 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Crossrail Bill Committee (5 Dec 2005 to 13 Nov 2007)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (16 Oct 2002 to 6 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 62 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 69 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 73.61% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 13 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 92 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 681 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Donations to my constituency
party or association, which have been or will be reported by my party to the Electoral Commission:
(a) Name of donor: Unite the Union
(a) Address of donor: 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
(a) (Registered 9 April 2014)
(a) Name of donor: Rail, Maritime and Transport Union (RMT
(a) Address of donor: Unity House, 39 Chalton Street, London NW1 1JD
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £4,000
(a) Donor status: trade union
(a) (Registered 17 March 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from