This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Kate Hoey’s activity (no more than once per day)
Labour MP for Vauxhall
- Entered Parliament on 15 June 1989 — unknown
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Kate Hoey
- Voting record
- Topics of interest
- Most recent appearances
- Register of Members’ Interests
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Kate Hoey voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted moderately for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted strongly against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted very strongly against the hunting ban. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted moderately against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted strongly against introducing foundation hospitals. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted moderately against encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against replacing Trident. votes
- Voted moderately against a smoking ban. votes
- Voted moderately for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted strongly against a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately for a transparent Parliament. votes
- Voted moderately against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted strongly against the Iraq war. votes
- Voted moderately against an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate change. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Quite often rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Culture Media and Sport, Home Department, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Health, Work and Pensions
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Zimbabwe, European Constitution, Departmental Staff, Playing Fields, Correspondence
(based on written questions asked by Kate Hoey and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Legislation (Territorial Extent) Bill Committee (0 out of 2)
- Rights of Savers Bill Committee (0 out of 2)
- Identity Cards Bill Committee (5 out of 8)
- Criminal Law (Amendment) (Householder Protection) Bill Committee (0 out of 3)
- Promotion of Volunteering Bill Committee (3 out of 4)
- Retirement Income Reform Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Housing Benefit (Withholding of Payment) Bill Committee (2 out of 3)
- National Lottery (Amendment) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Business of the House (5 Dec 2013)
“The Leader of the House will know that the chairman of the BBC Trust, Lord Patten, refuses to appear before the European Scrutiny Committee. May we have a debate or a discussion on how we can ensure that he is not abusing his position as a Lord to avoid appearing before the Committee, which wishes to talk about scrutiny in relation to European elections and BBC bias?”
- Written Answers — Transport: Railways: South West (26 Nov 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Transport pursuant to the answer of 4 November 2013, Official Report, column 45W, on railways: south west, for what reasons lease costs for rolling stock are considered to be commercially sensitive.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 40 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 43 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 55.68% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 248 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kate Hoey’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 485 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source). Read 2004/05 – 2008/09 and 1st quarter 2009/10 receipts.
|Type||2008/09 (ranking out of 647)||2007/08 (ranking out of 645)||2006/07 (ranking out of 645)||2005/06||2004/05 (ranking out of 659)||2003/04 (ranking out of 658)||2002/03 (ranking out of 657)||2001/02 (ranking out of 657)|
|Staying away from main home||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0|
|London costs||£2,916 (joint 1st with 49 others)||£2,812 (joint 1st with 47 others)||£2,712 (joint 1st with 46 others)||£2,613||£1,618 (joint 1st with 118 others)||£1,574 (joint 1st with 101 others)||£1,527 (joint 1st with 101 others)||£1,227 (joint 1st with 81 others)|
|Office running costs||£6,511 (630th)||£4,261 (641st)||£10,723 (614th)||£13,295||£12,227 (575th)||£4,658 (654th)||£11,147 (609th)||£3,757 (639th)|
|Staffing costs||£81,129 (559th)||£81,010 (517th)||£78,750 (481st)||£84,852||£75,367 (133rd)||£64,745 (451st)||£62,669 (383rd)||£45,995 (323rd)|
|Communications Allowance||£9,837 (250th)||£4,552 (480th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Travel||£2,033 (580th)1||£2,186 (581st)2||£2,784 (562nd)||£2,560||£5,599 (514th)||£5,093 (517th)||£5,141 (joint 523rd with 1 other)||£4,374 (495th)|
|Members' Staff Travel||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0|
|Members' Spouse Travel||£0||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||£0||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£5,051 (183rd)||£1,031 (joint 208th with 1 other)||£1,044 (266th)||£785||£1,179 (242nd)||£873 (joint 316th with 3 others)||£1,023 (323rd)||£1,950 (77th)|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||£3,637 (164th)||£3,688 (220th)||£2,008||£2,585 (320th)||£2,756 (294th)||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£1,188 (345th)||£1,065 (joint 305th with 9 others)||£729||£1,404 (603rd)||£1,404 (591st)||£1,404 (573rd)||£1,404 (502nd)|
|Other Costs||£0||£0||£8,039 (16th)||£2,202||£0||£0||£0||£0|
|Total||£107,477 (619th)||£100,677 (632nd)||£108,805 (610th)||£109,044||£99,979 (621st)||£81,103 (649th)||£82,911 (638th)||£58,707 (645th)|