Does Kate Hoey respond to constituents’ emails?
According to our 2015 survey, Kate Hoey responded to a
low proportion of messages
sent by constituents on WriteToThem.com.
See the results in context
Kate Hoey’s voting in Parliament
Kate Hoey is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Kate Hoey sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Kate Hoey consistently voted against the hunting ban, while most Labour MPs almost always voted for.
Kate Hoey almost always voted against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests, while most Labour MPs almost always voted for.
Kate Hoey almost always voted against introducing foundation hospitals, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
Kate Hoey almost always voted against requiring the mass retention of information about communications, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
Kate Hoey generally voted against introducing ID cards, while most Labour MPs almost always voted for.
Kate Hoey almost always voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
Kate Hoey generally voted against Labour's anti-terrorism laws, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
Kate Hoey generally voted for a transparent Parliament, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
Kate Hoey generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
Kate Hoey generally voted against more EU integration, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kate Hoey’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kate Hoey’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kate Hoey has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I commend the Prime Minister for the way in which he handled Friday and for the very diplomatic and kind speech he has made today. I ask him to continue to show that leadership over the next month or two, to ensure that some of the hysteria about what is going to happen to our country is kept under control. Will he also condemn very clearly those people who are almost implying that decent...
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, whether it is the Government's policy that the UK is part of the European Project, as that term is used by the EU Commission and the European Council; and if the Prime Minister will make a statement.
More of Kate Hoey’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Vauxhall
Entered the House of Commons on 15 June 1989 — unknown
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- European Constitution
- Departmental Staff
- Playing Fields
Currently held offices
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 15 Jul 2015)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (since 6 Jul 2015)
- Member, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (since 6 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (9 Nov 2007 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (1 Mar 2004 to 17 Jul 2005)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of National Heritage) (Sport) (29 Jul 1999 to 7 Jun 2001)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Home Office) (28 Jul 1998 to 29 Jul 1999)
- Member, Social Security Committee (27 Jun 1994 to 21 Mar 1997)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Women) (1 Jun 1992 to 1 Jun 1993)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Kate Hoey’s speeches
- Has received answers to 49 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 50.17% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 15 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 266 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kate Hoey’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 539 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jun 2016.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Fire Brigades Union
Address of donor: Bradley House, 68 Coombe Rd, Kingston upon Thames KT2 7AE
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £15,120 in paying Union Services (Parliamentary Consultancy) for the administration and coordination of the FBU Parliamentary Group, of which I am the Chair, between 21 March 2015
and 20 March 2016
Date received: 21 March 2015 to 20 March 2016
Date accepted: 21 March 2015
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 14 December 2015
Name of donor: (1) Arron Banks (2) Goddard Gunster
Address of donor: (1) private (2) 701 8th Street NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC20001
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): (1) flights and accommodation with a value of £5,000 (2) invitation to the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, value £207
Destination of visit: Washington
Date of visit: 29 April – 2 May 2016
Purpose of visit: to attend the White House Correspondents’ Dinner and meet Democrat and Republican politicians regarding the European Union.
(Registered 02 June 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from