How Sylvia Heal voted on key issues since 2001
- Has never voted on an investigation into the Iraq warDetails
- Has never voted on a transparent ParliamentDetails
- Has never voted on allowing ministers to intervene in inquestsDetails
- Has never voted on introducing foundation hospitalsDetails
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Has never voted on a stricter asylum systemDetails
- Has never voted on a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Has never voted on introducing ID cardsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against greater autonomy for schoolsDetails
- Has never voted on increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Has never voted on the hunting banDetails
- Has never voted on a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Has never voted on encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted moderately for equal gay rightsDetails
- Has never voted on more EU integrationDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a smoking banDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against laws to stop climate changeDetails
- Has never voted on Labour's anti-terrorism lawsDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
More on well-known issues (from the Guardian) & their full record
Order. The hon. Member must now focus his remarks on the Finance Bill that is currently before the House and on the measures contained in that Bill.
Order. I have allowed the hon. Gentleman some latitude, because this is a Second Reading, but it is of the Finance Bill rather than the economy in general. Perhaps his remarks in future could bear some relation to the Bill before the House.
Order. I remind all hon. Members of my earlier comments about the fact that we are discussing the Finance Bill.
More of Sylvia Heal's recent appearances
Former Deputy Speaker, and Labour MP for Halesowen and Rowley Regis
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Future MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 116 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 0.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 14–15 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 37 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 328 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)