Alan Haselhurst’s voting in Parliament
Alan Haselhurst is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a selection of Alan Haselhurst’s votes.
Almost always voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
Almost always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Almost always voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
Generally voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Generally voted for university tuition fees Show votes
Generally voted for increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Alan Haselhurst’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Alan Haselhurst’s full vote analysis page for more.
Alan Haselhurst never rebelled against their party in this parliament
Conservative MP for Saffron Walden
Entered the House of Commons on 18 June 1970 — General election
Party was Deputy Speaker until 11 Apr 2005; Conservative until 16 May 2005; Deputy Speaker until 12 Apr 2010
Also represented Middleton and Prestwich
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Transport
- Leader of the House
- Overseas Students: Scholarships
- Stansted Airport
- London Airports: Night Flying
- London Airports: Passengers
Currently held offices
- Member, Finance Committee (since 20 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (18 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (26 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (27 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Administration Committee (27 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 27 Jul 2010)
- Deputy Speaker (25 May 2010 to 8 Jun 2010)
- Member, Finance and Services Committee (25 Mar 2008 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chairman of Ways and Means (1 May 1997 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, European Legislation Sub-Committee on Roads Safety Competence (18 Nov 1993 to 8 Nov 1995)
- Member, Transport Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 21 Mar 1997)
- Member, European Legislation Committee (28 May 1982 to 21 Mar 1997)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.05% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 22 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 94 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Alan Haselhurst’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1068 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 14 Dec 2015.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Mr M. Pawsey
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 16 March 2015
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: LPA
Address of donor: Light & Power House, Shire Hill, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB11 3AQ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: ticket and hospitality for Test Match
at the Oval on 22 August 2015
; estimated value £300-£400
Date received: 22 August 2015
Date accepted: 22 August 2015
Donor status: company, registration no 686429
(Registered 14 September 2015
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
10. Family members engaged in lobbying the public sector on behalf of a third party or client
My daughter Emma Haselhurst (Mrs. G. Collins) is a Director of Blue Rubicon Ltd. (Registered 03 June 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from