How Alan Haselhurst voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT Source
Voted moderately against a wholly elected House of Lords Source
Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted a mixture of for and against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Get email notifications when Alan Haselhurst speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Alan Haselhurst hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Capacity of the West Anglia Rail Line – Alan Haselhurst.
I hope that my right hon. Friend is not egging us on to think of charging people for going into the Public Gallery.
I hope that the hon. Gentleman will ensure that his team does not disable our chefs.
More of Alan Haselhurst's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Saffron Walden
Entered House of Commons on 18 June 1970 — General election
Changed party from Conservative on 16 May 2005
Also represented Middleton and Prestwich
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Stansted Airport
- London Airports: Night Flying
- London Airports: Passengers
- Aviation: Climate Change
Currently held offices
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons)
- Member, Administration Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Deputy Speaker (25 May 2010 to 8 Jun 2010)
- Member, Finance & Services Committee (18 Apr 2008 to 11 May 2010)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.25% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 22 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 83 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Alan Haselhurst’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1040 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Nov 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Earnings from publication of novels.
£68.97 received for book sales in 2013-14. No additional hours worked. (Registered 22 April 2014)
£1,442.46 received for sales of new book. Hours: 260 hrs over 3 years. (Registered 22 April 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from