I am not dissenting from the Minister’s proposition that the post-2007 arrangement has been better than the arrangement that ran for the previous 10 years. Nor would I take issue with his assertion that there was some abuse of the previous system. However, when he says that investors used those schemes for the purposes of tax avoidance, is he seriously contending that every single...
I am delighted to take the opportunity today to draw the House’s attention to the serious and widespread misapprehension about the current status of the tax affairs of those who, between 1997 and 2007, invested in the increasingly successful UK film industry, at the encouragement and incentivisation of the British Government. There is a general perception, perpetuated by the media and...
I entirely agree with the hon. Gentleman. This takes us back to 1997, in the midst of the “Cool Britannia” era, in which stars of film and pop attended parties at Nos. 10 and 11 Downing street and the then Chancellor, the right hon. Member for Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath (Mr Brown), introduced a full tax relief on investment in small-scale British films in order to encourage...
More of Nick Harvey's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for North Devon
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Armed Forces: Housing
- Iraq: Peacekeeping Operations
- Golden Jubilee
Currently held offices
- Member, Committee on Standards: Standards Review Sub-Committee
- Member, Privileges Committee
- Member, Standards Committee
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence (13 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (4 Nov 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Speaker's Committee For the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (27 Oct 2009 to 4 Nov 2009)
- Shadow Defence Secretary (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Members Estimate Committee (4 Jun 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Members Estimates Committee (20 Mar 2007 to 4 Jun 2008)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Defence, Defence (21 Mar 2006 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 26 Apr 2006)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 30 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 65.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 97 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nick Harvey’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 578 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Dec 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
13 December 2013, received £100 from Dods Parliamentary, 21 Dartmouth Street, London SW1H 9BP, for addressing a seminar. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 17 December 2013)
Payments from Global Partners (Governance) Ltd, Development House, 56-64 Leonard St, London EC2A 4LT:
4 March 2014, received £1,500 for speaking during a conference in Cairo. Global Partners also paid for my air travel and two nights in a hotel. Hours: 21 hrs. (Registered 18 March 2014)
3 July 2014, received £2,125 for speaking during a conference in Cairo. Global Partners also paid for my air travel and three nights in a hotel. Hours: 30 hrs. (Registered 4 July 2014)
23 October 2014, received £1,500 for speaking during a conference in Cairo. Global Partners also paid for my air travel and two nights in a hotel. Hours: 22 hrs. (Registered 5 November 2014)
8. Land and Property
Residential property in London from which rental income is received.
Board director of Joseph Rowntree Reform Trust
, a company which promotes democratic reform, civil liberties and social justice (unpaid). (Registered 4 July 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from