How Harriet Harman voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT Source
Voted moderately against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted moderately against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Voted moderately for more EU integration Source
Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Source
See more votes Harriet Harman has made recently in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Harriet Harman never rebelled against their party in this parliament
This is more important than just feeding our views to an inquiry; the question is what the Minister decides. I want him to assure me that the Government will let me see a full copy of my file. In the 1970s and ’80s, when I was at Brent law centre and then Liberty, I campaigned for the rights of women and workers and the right to demonstrate. None of that was against the law and none of...
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, which stations on Southern Railway's Metro line have lost services as a result of emergency changes to the timetable announced on 16 March 2015.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, how many passengers using Southern Railway's Metro line have been compensated as a result of recent disruptions to rail services at London Bridge.
More of Harriet Harman's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Camberwell and Peckham
Entered House of Commons on 28 October 1982 — unknown
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Also represented Peckham; Southwark Peckham
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- International Development
- Culture Media and Sport
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Department for Culture Media and Sport
- Overseas Aid
- Kieron Bryan
- Arts: Primary Education
- Housing Benefit: Social Rented Housing
Currently held offices
- Chair, Parliamentary Labour Party (since 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (since 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Deputy Prime Minister and Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (since 25 Sep 2010)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for International Development (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Acting Leader of the Opposition (12 May 2010 to 25 Sep 2010)
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (28 Oct 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Minister of State (Government Equalities Office) (12 Oct 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Chair, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (10 Oct 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (26 Jul 2007 to 10 Oct 2007)
- Member, Members Estimate Committee (28 Jun 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Party Chair, Labour Party (28 Jun 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Deputy Leader of the Labour Party (28 Jun 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- The Leader of the House of Commons (28 Jun 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Justice (9 May 2007 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Minister of State (Department of Constitutional Affairs) (10 May 2005 to 8 May 2007)
- Solicitor General (Law Officers) (11 Jun 2001 to 10 May 2005)
- Secretary of State for Social Security and Minister for Women (1 May 1997 to 27 Jul 1998)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (1 Jul 1996 to 1 May 1997)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Health (1 Jul 1995 to 1 Jul 1996)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (22 Jul 1994 to 1 Jul 1995)
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee (1 Jul 1993 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (20 Jul 1992 to 22 Jul 1994)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) (1 Jun 1987 to 1 Jun 1992)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (1 Jun 1984 to 1 Jun 1987)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 16 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 70 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 52.22% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 229 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 181 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2000 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Mar 2015.
(a) Donations to my constituency
party or association, which have been or will be reported by the party to the Electoral Commission:
(a) Name of donor: Unite the Union
(a) Address of donor: Unite House, 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
(a) (Registered 10 April 2014)
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Name of donor: All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club Ltd
Address of donor: Church Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 5AE
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two tickets for the Royal Box at Wimbledon, plus lunch; total value £3,590 (£1,795 per person)
Date of receipt of donation: 26 June 2014
Date of acceptance of donation: 26 June 2014
Donor status: company, registration 7546718
(Registered 10 July 2014)
Name of donor: BSkyB
Address of donor: Grant Way, Isleworth, TW7 5QD
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: 2 Tour de France Stage 3 finish Line tickets, combined value £1,000 plus VAT
Date of receipt of donation: 7 July 2014
Date of acceptance of donation: 7 July 2014
Donor status: company, registration 2247735
(Registered 28 July 2014)
8. Land and Property
Part ownership of house in Suffolk.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from