David Hanson’s voting in Parliament
David Hanson is a Labour MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, David Hanson sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
David Hanson generally voted for university tuition fees, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of David Hanson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit David Hanson’s full vote analysis page for more.
David Hanson never rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what estimate she has made of the cost of additional (a) security staff and (b) sniffer dogs deployed at Calais since 1 June 2015.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how much has been spent on additional security at Calais in each month since July 2014.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many people in each nation and region of the UK receive support under her Department's asylum support regulations in each Government-defined period in each of the last three years.
More of David Hanson’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Delyn
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Home Office
- Innovation and Skills
- Police and Crime Commissioners
- Borders: Personal Records
- HM Passport Office
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (since 18 Sep 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (7 Oct 2011 to 18 Sep 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Minister of State (Home Office) (Crime and Policing) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- The Minister of State, Ministry of Justice (9 May 2007 to 5 Jun 2009)
- The Minister of State, Northern Ireland Office (5 May 2005 to 5 Apr 2007)
- PPS (Rt Hon Tony Blair, Prime Minister), Prime Minister's Office (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Wales (29 Jul 1999 to 7 Jun 2001)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (28 Jul 1998 to 29 Jul 1999)
- Member, Public Service Committee (23 Oct 1996 to 21 Mar 1997)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 15 Jan 1996)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 65 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 150 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 69.86% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 13 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 59 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on David Hanson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 923 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 28 Sep 2015.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for opinion surveys:
Payment of £75 for July 2014 parliamentary panel survey. Hours: 45 mins. Payment donated to charity. (Registered 06 October 2014)
Payment of £75 for October 2014 parliamentary panel survey. Hours: 45 mins. (Registered 02 December 2014)
Payment of £75 for November 2014 parliamentary panel survey. Hours: 45 mins. (Registered 23 February 2015)
Payment of £75 for January 2015 parliamentary panel survey. Hours: 45 mins. (Registered 12 May 2015)
Payments from Ipsos MORI, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY, for survey of MPs:
Payment of £200. Hours: 45 mins. Payment donated to Delyn Labour Party. (Registered 02 October 2014)
Payment from YouGov
, 50 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8RT for survey:
Payment of £100 for research survey. Hours: 45 mins. Payment donated to Delyn Labour Party. (Registered 23 March 2015)
Payment of £100 for research survey. Hours: 45 mins. Payment donated to Delyn Labour Party. (Registered 08 May 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from