I wish to inform the House that the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, together with the Ministry of Defence and the Department for International Development, is today publishing the 41st progress report on developments in Afghanistan since November 2010. After a protracted period of negotiation, Dr Ashraf Ghani and Dr Abdullah Abduallah signed the agreement forming a National Unity Government...
More of Philip Hammond's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Runnymede and Weybridge
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Home Department
- Departmental Pay
- Departmental Buildings
- Departmental Marketing
- Departmental Manpower
Currently held offices
- Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
Other offices held in the past
- The Secretary of State for Defence (14 Oct 2011 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Secretary of State for Transport (12 May 2010 to 14 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Chief Secretary To the Treasury, Treasury (6 Jul 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work & Pensions, Work & Pensions (16 Dec 2005 to 6 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Chief Secretary To the Treasury, Treasury (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) Committee (to 11 Jun 2004)
- Shadow Minister, Local and Devolved Government Affairs (10 May 2004 to 20 May 2005)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 58.96% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 21 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 200 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Philip Hammond’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1377 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Oct 2014.
8. Land and Property
House, in Surrey, adjacent to my main home, my wife and I own a house which is currently let.
I am a beneficiary of a trust which owns a controlling interest in Castlemead Ltd, a company engaged in construction, housebuilding and property development.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from