I wish to update the House on the terrorist attack in Tunis on 18 March. I condemn this despicable murder of innocent people. A small group of terrorists attacked the Bardo Museum in central Tunis at around 11.30 GMT on 18 March. The gunmen fired on foreign tourists disembarking from buses outside the museum (adjacent to the Parliament building). As people took refuge in the museum, they were...
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) will today publish the report of the Triennial Review of the Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD), which the former Foreign Secretary, the Right Honourable Member for Richmond (Yorks) (Mr William Hague), launched in February 2014. The WFD currently receives funding from the FCO and the Department for International Development. The review has...
I have today laid before Parliament a copy of the 2014 Foreign & Commonwealth Office Report on Human Rights and Democracy (Cm 9027). The report summarises the global human rights situation in 2014. It provides examples of what the Government is doing to promote human rights and democratic values overseas. It reviews the situation in specific countries and against the thematic priorities...
More of Philip Hammond's recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Runnymede and Weybridge
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Home Department
- Departmental Pay
- Departmental Buildings
- Departmental Marketing
- Departmental Manpower
Other offices held in the past
- Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs (15 Jul 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Secretary of State for Defence (14 Oct 2011 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Secretary of State for Transport (12 May 2010 to 14 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (3 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (8 Dec 2005 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (10 May 2005 to 8 Dec 2005)
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (10 May 2002 to 10 May 2005)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (4 Mar 2002 to 2 Dec 2002)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) (17 Oct 2001 to 14 Nov 2002)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Trade and Industry) (10 Sep 2001 to 10 May 2002)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) (10 Jun 1998 to 10 Sep 2001)
- Member, Transport Sub-committee (26 Nov 1997 to 22 Jun 1998)
- Member, Environment, Transport & Regional Affairs Committee (17 Nov 1997 to 22 Jun 1998)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 15 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 55.77% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 23 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 201 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1410 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
8. Land and Property
Until December 2014; house in Surrey (adjacent to my main home) co-owned with my wife, which was let. (Updated 5 January 2015)
I am a beneficiary of a trust which owns a controlling interest in Castlemead Ltd, a company engaged in construction, house building and property development.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from