To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions pursuant to answer of 24 June 2014, Official Report, column 176W, on the Independent Living Fund, whether funding provided to local authorities and devolved administrations in 2015-16 to meet their additional responsibilities to former Independent Living Fund users will be ring-fenced for that purpose.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (1) how long it takes for (a) successful and (b) unsuccessful challenges to jobseeker's allowance sanctions to be processed; (2) what guidance he issues to his departmental staff on how long it should take to process a challenge to jobseeker's allowance.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what criteria he uses to decide whether people who have to wait more than a certain time for the medical assessment for access to benefits should be eligible for compensation.
More of Roger Godsiff's recent appearances
Labour MP for Birmingham, Hall Green
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Birmingham, Sparkbrook and Small Heath; Birmingham Small Heath
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Medical Records: Databases
- Departmental Rail Travel
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Social Security Benefits
- IT Contracts
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 270 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 50.78% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 175 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Roger Godsiff’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 80 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: All-Party Parliamentary China Group (with sponsorship from Arup, Cambridge Assessment, City of London, GKN
, John Swire & Sons)
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights with a value of £1,302; hotel accommodation, transport and meals with a value of £757.49; £2,059.49 in total
Destination of visit: China
Date of visit: 24-29 April 2014
Purpose of visit: To understand more about ethnic minorities in Xinjiang and religious freedom in China; to support bids by British business and deepen engagement with the National People's Congress
(Registered 12 May 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.