To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, from which countries the trees required for ecological mitigation planting for High Speed 2 will be sourced.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, which ancient woodlands in which areas are currently planned for destruction for temporary works associated with High Speed 2.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what proportion of the trees required for ecological mitigation planting for High Speed 2 have been procured.
More of Cheryl Gillan’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Chesham and Amersham
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- National Offender Management Service
- Probation Service
- High Speed Two
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Administration Committee (12 May 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Secretary of State for Wales (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Wales (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (11 Dec 2003 to 24 Mar 2004)
- Shadow Minister of State (Home Office) (10 May 2003 to 10 May 2005)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 May 2001 to 10 May 2003)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (10 May 1998 to 10 May 2001)
- Shadow Minister (International Development) (1 Apr 1998 to 5 Apr 2001)
- Shadow Minister (Trade and Industry) (5 May 1997 to 10 May 1998)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Education and Employment) (6 Jul 1995 to 1 May 1997)
- Member, Procedure Committee (20 Apr 1994 to 17 Oct 1995)
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (27 Apr 1992 to 7 Nov 1995)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 57 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 135 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.59% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 131 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Cheryl Gillan’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 741 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from