This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Nick Gibb’s activity (no more than once per day)
Conservative MP for Bognor Regis and Littlehampton
- Entered Parliament on 1 May 1997 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Nick Gibb
- Voting record
- Topics of interest
- Most recent appearances
- Register of Members’ Interests
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Nick Gibb voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted moderately for equal gay rights. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for the Iraq war. votes
- Voted strongly for an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted moderately for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Has never voted on a transparent Parliament. votes
- Voted very strongly against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted moderately for a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against introducing foundation hospitals. votes
- Voted strongly against more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted moderately against a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Voted moderately for a smoking ban. votes
- Voted very strongly for replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted strongly for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Select Committee membership
- Member, Draft Voting Eligibility (Prisoners) Bill (since 4 Mar 2013)
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Education and Skills, Children, Schools and Families, Home Department, Trade and Industry, Health
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Literacy and Numeracy, Secondary Education: Curriculum, Departmental Staff, GCSEs, BNFL
(based on written questions asked by Nick Gibb and answered by departments)
Public Bill Committees (sittings attended)
- Public Service Pensions Bill Committee (9 out of 9)
- Education Bill Committee (22 out of 22)
- Children, Schools and Families Bill Committee (12 out of 12)
- Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Bill Committee (17 out of 18)
- Education and Skills Bill Committee (20 out of 20)
- Childcare Bill Committee (9 out of 9)
- Education and Inspections Bill Committee (21 out of 21)
- Education Bill Committee (1 out of 2)
- Written Answers — Communities and Local Government: Flexible Working (10 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government how many officials in his Department make use of compressed hours arrangements as part of the Civil Service's flexible working hours scheme (a) above and (b) below director level.”
- Written Answers — Culture Media and Sport: Flexible Working (5 Dec 2013)
“To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport how many officials in her Department make use of compressed hours arrangements as part of the Civil Service's flexible working hours scheme (a) above and (b) below director level.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 67 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 87.57% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 12 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 151 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nick Gibb’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 587 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source). Read 2004/05 – 2008/09 and 1st quarter 2009/10 receipts.
|Type||2008/09 (ranking out of 647)||2007/08 (ranking out of 645)||2006/07 (ranking out of 645)||2005/06||2004/05 (ranking out of 659)||2003/04 (ranking out of 658)||2002/03 (ranking out of 657)||2001/02 (ranking out of 657)|
|Staying away from main home||£23,971 (65th)||£23,053 (174th)||£22,068 (joint 232nd with 2 others)||£21,625||£20,902 (joint 1st with 187 others)||£20,333 (joint 3rd with 149 others)||£19,722 (joint 1st with 230 others)||£14,904 (joint 366th with 1 other)|
|Office running costs||£14,164 (466th)||£12,941 (518th)||£17,840 (479th)||£11,508||£12,208 (576th)||£12,439 (610th)||£13,631 (577th)||£17,238 (257th)|
|Staffing costs||£81,289 (555th)||£90,191 (221st)||£85,063 (295th)||£82,380||£56,046 (631st)||£71,184 (158th)||£64,498 (327th)||£34,819 (593rd)|
|Members' Travel||£8,795 (255th)1||£9,528 (238th)2||£9,982 (214th)||£7,079||£9,104 (370th)||£9,449 (346th)||£8,319 (403rd)||£6,417 (402nd)|
|Members' Staff Travel||£35 (396th)||£0||£0||£214||£0||£0||£0||£17 (joint 458th with 1 other)|
|Members' Spouse Travel||£0||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||£0||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£3,790 (289th)||£668 (joint 378th with 2 others)||£899 (314th)||£318||£795 (363rd)||£541 (joint 490th with 1 other)||£592 (527th)||£543 (532nd)|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||£2,025 (joint 369th with 1 other)||£2,592 (324th)||£1,334||£1,927 (416th)||£1,763 (452nd)||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£1,364 (96th)||£1,167 (150th)||£375||£1,489 (579th)||£1,489 (565th)||£1,489 (542nd)||£1,114 (537th)|
|Other Costs||£0||£18,771 (3rd)||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0|
|Total||£132,045 (531st)||£158,541 (118th)||£139,611 (291st)||£124,833||£102,471 (601st)||£117,198 (370th)||£108,251 (435th)||£75,052 (543rd)|