How Andrew George voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted very strongly against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Andrew George quite often rebelled against their party in this parliament
Affordable Homes Bill - Second reading – Andrew George.
Will my right hon. Friend join me in welcoming the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence’s statement today on the establishment of safe staffing levels on hospital wards? He will be aware that I have been campaigning on the matter for many years. The 1:8 ratio is certainly not a target but a baseline against which safe staffing and patient care can now be measured.
It is a pleasure to follow the considered speech of the hon. Member for Sheffield South East (Mr Betts). I experienced a bit of déjà vu at the start of this debate, as we had the predictable trading of blizzards of carefully selected statistics and political froth, which does nothing to shed any light on this matter. As is often the case, there is, at this point, a coming together,...
More of Andrew George's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for St Ives
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- International Development
- Communities and Local Government
- GM Crops
- Bovine TB
- Bovine Tuberculosis
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (20 Nov 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for International Development, International Development (1 Jun 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Rural Affairs & Food, Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 65 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 42 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.39% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 130 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrew George’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 642 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
ComRes, 4 Millbank, London SW1P 3JA:
13 January 2014, £75 donation to local charity or voluntary organisation. Hours: 60 mins. (Registered 21 January 2014)
17 January 2014, £75 donation to local charity or voluntary organisation. Hours: 45 mins. (Registered 23 January 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.