How Andrew George voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a reduction in spending on welfare benefitsDetails
- Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Andrew George quite often rebelled against their party in this parliament
Provided that it does not undermine fair trade or UK competitiveness, a significant increase in the minimum wage would clearly be both desirable and the right thing to do. But will my right hon. Friend look particularly at the care sector, where I fear there is a race to the bottom as a result of there simply being a floor where the minimum wage has been set?
I am grateful for the Minister’s comments on that, but will there be an opportunity for appeal for those businesses? There will be circumstances in which businesses can show that this unregulated financial product was mis-sold and that they were misled through how the banks sold the product to them.
I am grateful to the Minister for giving way once again. With those companies that go into administration, the administrator is in many cases acting on behalf of the creditors, including the bank. I cannot see how the administrator can in any sense represent the interests of the company seeking redress.
More of Andrew George's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for St Ives
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- International Development
- Communities and Local Government
- GM Crops
- Bovine TB
- Bovine Tuberculosis
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (20 Nov 2007 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for International Development, International Development (1 Jun 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Rural Affairs & Food, Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 79 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 49 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.07% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 129 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrew George’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 638 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
ComRes, 4 Millbank, London SW1P 3JA:
26 March 2013, £75 donation to local charity or voluntary organisation. Hours: 45 mins. (Registered 23 April 2013)
13 January 2014, £75 donation to local charity or voluntary organisation. Hours: 60 mins. (Registered 21 January 2014)
17 January 2014, £75 donation to local charity or voluntary organisation. Hours: 45 mins. (Registered 23 January 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.