Will my hon. Friend give way?
I congratulate the right hon. Member for Orkney and Shetland (Mr Carmichael) on obtaining the debate. Were he, my right hon. and learned Friend the Member for Beaconsfield (Mr Grieve) and I sitting as a three-man court of appeal, I should simply say, “I agree with my brothers and have nothing further to add,” but since we are not and I have a few minutes to say something, I...
My right hon. Friend and I are regular users of the midland main line from St Pancras through Market Harborough to Leicester and, in my right hon. Friend’s case, beyond. Our experience, I suggest, is fairly satisfactory. This morning, however, local government leaders in the east midlands, and in Leicester in particular, expressed a fear that the so-called pausing of the electrification...
More of Edward Garnier’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Harborough
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Prisoners Release
- Prison Accommodation
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (7 Apr 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- The Solicitor-General (14 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Attorney General (7 Sep 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (3 Jul 2007 to 7 Sep 2009)
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (10 May 2005 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Member, Draft Corruption Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Mar 2003 to 31 Jul 2003)
- Shadow Attorney General (15 Jun 1999 to 18 Sep 2001)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 31 Jan 1995)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (27 Apr 1992 to 4 Dec 1992)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (27 Apr 1992 to 4 Dec 1992)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.59% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 96 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Edward Garnier’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 903 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from