How Mike Gapes voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately for more EU integration Source
Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted very strongly for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted moderately against encouraging occupational pensions Source
Get email notifications when Mike Gapes speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Mike Gapes hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what the average time taken for her Department's Referred Casework Unit to review decisions of the Entry Clearance Manager in the last year; and if she will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what guidance she has issued to the Referred Casework Unit on how to process compassionate compelling cases; and if she will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, with reference to the representations of the hon. Member for Ilford South of 6 October 2014 on a constituency case, for what reason the Minister of State for Immigration did not reply to those representations; and if she will make a statement.
More of Mike Gapes's recent appearances
Labour MP for Ilford South
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- UK Border Agency
- Sri Lanka
- UK Visas and Immigration
Other offices held in the past
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (2 Feb 2010 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (14 Jan 2010 to 19 Jan 2010)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (7 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Committee on Arms Export Controls (18 Apr 2008 to 7 Oct 2009)
- Member, Liaison Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Chairman, Foreign Affairs Committee (20 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 20 Jul 2005)
- Member, Defence Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 50 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 12 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 67.03% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 102 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mike Gapes’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 574 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from