To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, what steps her Department is taking to improve its delivery of major projects.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, what the cost of the Competition and Markets Authority energy market investigation has been to date.
To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, what assessment she has made of the effectiveness of the Retail Market Review-Implementation of Simpler Tariff Choices and Clearer Information, published in August 2013, in enabling energy bill payers to save money.
More of Caroline Flint’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Don Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Energy and Climate Change
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Energy: Prices
- Green Deal Scheme
- Renewable Energy
- Warm Front Scheme
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change (since 7 Oct 2011)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Minister of State (Europe) (3 Oct 2008 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Minister of State (Department of Communities and Local Government) (Housing) (24 Jan 2008 to 3 Oct 2008)
- Minister of State (Department for Work and Pensions) (Employment and Welfare Reform) (28 Jun 2007 to 25 Jan 2008)
- Minister of State (Regional Affairs) (Yorkshire and the Humber) (28 Jun 2007 to 9 Jan 2008)
- Minister of State (Department of Health) (Public Health) (5 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health) (10 May 2005 to 5 May 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Home Office) (13 Jun 2003 to 10 May 2005)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (30 Apr 2003 to 7 Jul 2003)
- Member, Administration Committee (30 Jan 2001 to 19 Jan 2005)
- Member, Education Sub-committee (23 Jul 1997 to 13 Dec 1999)
- Member, Education & Employment Committee (14 Jul 1997 to 13 Dec 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 9 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 207 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 48.65% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 38 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 125 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Caroline Flint’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 786 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from