To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, how many compensation packages for consumers Ofgem has secured in each year since 2001; and what the value was of each such package.
Recently the hon. Member for Bracknell (Dr Lee), a respected member of the Energy and Climate Change Committee, admitted that the Conservative party had no clear energy policy and had been relegated to “second fiddle”. Helpfully, he added: “If I’m honest, I don’t think we’ve done particularly well.” If Government Members do not have any confidence in...
I am afraid that there will be nowhere to hide in the forthcoming general election as regards the coalition parties and their energy policies. The facts speak for themselves: energy bills £300 higher; three out of four households being overcharged by their energy supplier; the number of families with children who cannot afford to heat their homes at the highest-ever level; and, as we...
More of Caroline Flint’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Don Valley
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Energy and Climate Change
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Energy: Prices
- Green Deal Scheme
- Renewable Energy
- Warm Front Scheme
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change (since 7 Oct 2011)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Minister of State (Europe) (3 Oct 2008 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Minister of State (Department of Communities and Local Government) (Housing) (24 Jan 2008 to 3 Oct 2008)
- Minister of State (Department for Work and Pensions) (Employment and Welfare Reform) (28 Jun 2007 to 25 Jan 2008)
- Minister of State (Regional Affairs) (Yorkshire and the Humber) (28 Jun 2007 to 9 Jan 2008)
- Minister of State (Department of Health) (Public Health) (5 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health) (10 May 2005 to 5 May 2006)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Home Office) (13 Jun 2003 to 10 May 2005)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (30 Apr 2003 to 7 Jul 2003)
- Member, Administration Committee (30 Jan 2001 to 19 Jan 2005)
- Member, Education Sub-committee (23 Jul 1997 to 13 Dec 1999)
- Member, Education & Employment Committee (14 Jul 1997 to 13 Dec 1999)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 221 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- People have made 38 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 128 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Caroline Flint’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 775 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Parliamentary Panel survey questionnaires completed for ComRes
, 4 Millbank, London SW1P 3JA.
Payment of £75 for April-May survey. Hours: 1 hr. Fee paid directly to Don Valley Labour Party on 15 July 2014. (Registered 15 October 2014)
Payment of £75 for May-June survey. Hours: 1 hr. Fee paid directly to Don Valley Labour Party on 8 September 2014. (Registered 15 October 2014)
Payment of £75 for July survey. Hours: 1 hr. Fee paid directly to Don Valley Labour Party on 10 October 2014. (Registered 15 October 2014)
Payment of £75 for October survey. Hours: 1 hr. Fee paid directly to Don Valley Labour Party on 18 November 2014. (Registered 1 December 2014)
Payment of £200 received on 29 September 2014 for survey interview completed on 1 July 2014 for Ipsos Mori, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY. Hours: 1 hr. Payment made directly to Don Valley Labour Party. (Registered 7 October 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from