Does Jim Fitzpatrick respond to constituents’ emails?
According to our 2015 survey, Jim Fitzpatrick responded to a
high proportion of messages
sent by constituents on WriteToThem.com.
See the results in context
Jim Fitzpatrick’s voting in Parliament
Jim Fitzpatrick is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Jim Fitzpatrick sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Jim Fitzpatrick generally voted for university tuition fees, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jim Fitzpatrick’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jim Fitzpatrick’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jim Fitzpatrick has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Labour MP for Poplar and Limehouse
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Poplar and Canning Town
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Communities and Local Government
- Home Department
- Department for Transport
- Roads: Safety
- Dangerous Dogs
- Roads: Accidents
- Dogs: Imports
- Rescue Services
Currently held offices
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Sub-Committee (since 14 Oct 2015)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (since 8 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (4 Nov 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Transport Committee (4 Nov 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (8 Oct 2010 to 29 Aug 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Minister of State (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Farming and the Environment) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (29 Jun 2007 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Employment Relations & Postal Services) (5 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Minister (Office of the Deputy Prime Minister) (London) (10 May 2005 to 5 May 2006)
- Member, Committee of Selection (18 Jun 2003 to 27 Sep 2005)
- Vice-Chamberlain (HM Household) (13 Jun 2003 to 10 May 2005)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (29 May 2002 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (14 Jun 2001 to 28 May 2002)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jun 2016.
Name of donor: FIA
Foundation (Federation International Automotive Foundation)
Address of donor: 60 Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DS
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): UK-Brazil flights, internal flights Rio-Brasilia and accommodation in Brasilia; approx. £3,500
Destination of visit: Brasilia, Brazil
Date of visit: 16-19 November 2015
Purpose of visit: UN
second Global Conference on Road Safety - Sustainable Development Goals
(Registered 14 December 2015
Name of donor: Towards Zero Foundation
Address of donor: 120 Pall Mall, London SW1Y 5EA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and accommodation with an estimated value of £4,000
Destination of visit: New York
Date of visit: 11-12 April 2016
Purpose of visit: to attend the United Nations Road Safety Collaboration
(Registered 14 April 2016)
Member of Public Policy Committee of the RAC
Foundation, 89-91 Pall Mall, London SW1Y 5HS; unremunerated. (Registered 08 February 2013
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from