How Michael Fallon voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately for greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
- Voted moderately for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted strongly for fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted moderately for reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Michael Fallon hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
I refer the hon. Member to the answer my predecessor, my right hon. Friend the Member for Runnymede and Weybridge (Mr Hammond), gave on 23 May 2012, Official Report, column 722W.
An explanation of the variance between the 2010 CSR settlement and main estimates 2014-15 was provided in written evidence to the Defence Committee and published on 24 June 2014: http://data.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/committeeevidence. svc/evidencedocument/defence-committee/mod-main-estimates-20 1415/written/10953.html
I can announce to the House our plans for the divestment of public sector ownership of the Constructionline scheme by a competitive sale process. Details of the sale procedure will be published in the Official Journal of the European Union in due course. Since 1998, the Constructionline scheme has operated within public sector ownership and reduced the administrative burden from business, in...
More of Michael Fallon's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Sevenoaks
Entered House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Also represented Darlington
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Experience Corps
- Special Advisers
- Departmental Staff
- Mental Health Services: Kent
- Equitable Life Assurance Society: Compensation
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (28 Mar 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Minister of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change (28 Mar 2013 to 15 Jul 2014)
- The Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (6 Sep 2012 to 28 Mar 2013)
- Member, Treasury Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Treasury Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Chairman, Treasury Sub-committee Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 69.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 5 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 148 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Michael Fallon’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 688 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.