How Michael Fabricant voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Source
Voted moderately for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Get email notifications when Michael Fabricant speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Michael Fabricant occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
I beg to move, That leave be given to bring in a Bill to allow donation of blood by all male donors on the same basis; and for connected purposes. Sometimes, Mr Speaker, you just know when something is wrong; when something does not make sense; when something is not fair. How can it be logical that a straight, promiscuous man who might have different partners every night of the year can...
More of Michael Fabricant's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Lichfield
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Staffordshire Mid
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Trade and Industry
- Home Department
- Departmental Procurement
- Invoice Payments
- Civil Service Relocation
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Selection Committee (21 Jun 2010 to 9 May 2013)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Member, Administration Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Whip, Whips (20 May 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Culture, Media & Sport Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Economic Affairs (10 May 2004 to 20 May 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 51 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 33 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 87.32% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 88 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Michael Fabricant’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 846 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from