How Michael Fabricant voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted very strongly against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Voted very strongly for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted moderately for encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integrationDetails
- Voted very strongly for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VATDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Michael Fabricant occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
What recent progress has been made on negotiations on bilateral EU free trade agreements; and if he will make a statement.
I am grateful for that answer, although I think it is unfortunate that because of our membership of the European Union, we cannot enter into bilateral agreements ourselves. Nevertheless, does my right hon. Friend agree that the transatlantic trade and investment partnership will provide a useful boost to Jaguar Land Rover and other motoring companies in the west midlands and elsewhere?
What steps the Electoral Commission is taking to improve registration of UK voters resident in Europe, North America, Israel, the far east and Australasia; and if he will make a statement.
More of Michael Fabricant's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Lichfield
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Staffordshire Mid
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Trade and Industry
- Home Department
- Departmental Procurement
- Invoice Payments
- Civil Service Relocation
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Selection Committee (21 Jun 2010 to 9 May 2013)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Member, Administration Committee (4 Mar 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Whip, Whips (20 May 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Culture, Media & Sport Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Economic Affairs (10 May 2004 to 20 May 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 34 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 87.74% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 86 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Michael Fabricant’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 843 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payment of £1,500 received on 17 May 2013 from Hat Trick Productions Ltd, 33 Oval Road, London NW1 7EA, for appearance as a panellist on BBC1
‘Have I Got News For You
’, recorded on 9 May 2013. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 10 June 2013)
Payments from BBC Talent & Rights Negotiation, Room B.07, Broadcasting House, 27-29 Whiteladies Road, Bristol BS8 2LR,:
Payment of £150 received on 28 May 2013
for appearance as a panellist on BBC Radio
4 ‘Any Questions
’ on 17 May 2013. Hours: 1 hr plus travel. (Registered 10 June 2013; updated 17 June 2013)
Payment of £150 received on 29 January 2014 for appearance as a panellist on BBC Radio 4 ‘Any Questions’ on 24 January 2014. Hours: 1 hr plus travel. (Registered 3 February 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.