How Nigel Evans voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government Source
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted moderately against university tuition fees Source
Has never voted on paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted moderately for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Has never voted on increasing the rate of VAT Source
Get email notifications when Nigel Evans votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Nigel Evans hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department how many Chinese nationals visited the UK on tourist visas in (a) 2011, (b) 2012 and (c) 2013.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport how many Blue Badges were issued in (a) Ribble Valley constituency, (b) Lancashire and (c) the UK in each of the last 10 years.
May we have a debate after the party conference recess on mental health provision and services in the United Kingdom? I recently did a tour of my constituency and, after housing, it was the No. 1 issue. It relates not just to health-care provision in hospitals and social services, but to those who have finished full-time education and cannot get employment. What is to happen to them? It is a...
More of Nigel Evans's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Ribble Valley
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Surplus Assets Sales
- Parliamentary Questions
- Departmental Data Protection
- Ministerial Accommodation
Currently held offices
- Member, Backbench Business Committee
- Member, Public Administration Committee
Other offices held in the past
- First Deputy Chairman of Ways and Means (8 Jun 2010 to 11 Sep 2013)
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (15 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, International Development Committee (10 Aug 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Culture, Media & Sport Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 10 Aug 2009)
- Vice-Chairman (Conservatives Abroad), Conservative Party (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 47 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 137 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 13.68% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 32 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 104 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nigel Evans’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1141 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 26 Aug 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from Exclusive Press & Publicity Ltd, Golden Cross House, 8 Duncannon Street, London WC2N 4JF, in respect of three media engagements with (1) the Mail on Sunday, Northcliffe House, 2 Derry Street, London W8 5TT (2) the Daily Mirror, 1 Canada Square, London E14 5AP (3) ITV, The London Studios, 58-72 Upper Ground, London SE1 9LT. Hours: 3 hrs for each; 9 hrs in total. To be paid in twelve monthly instalments until June 2015. (Registered 15 August 2014)
13 July 2014, received £1762.50. Hours: as above. (Registered 15 August 2014)
13 August 2014, received £1762.50. Hours: as above. (Registered 15 August 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from