How Nigel Evans voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately against encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Has never voted on paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Has never voted on raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Voted moderately for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted moderately against removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Nigel Evans hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Conservative MP for Ribble Valley
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Surplus Assets Sales
- Parliamentary Questions
- Departmental Data Protection
- Ministerial Accommodation
Other offices held in the past
- First Deputy Chairman of Ways and Means (8 Jun 2010 to 11 Sep 2013)
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (15 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, International Development Committee (10 Aug 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Culture, Media & Sport Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 10 Aug 2009)
- Vice-Chairman (Conservatives Abroad), Conservative Party (20 May 2005 to 16 Dec 2005)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 46 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 131 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 12.99% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 32 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 102 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nigel Evans’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1141 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.