It is a pleasure to follow the hon. Member for Islwyn (Chris Evans). My heartfelt sympathies go out to the family also. It is a case of one Evans following another. It was a pleasure to listen to two maiden speeches. The hon. Member for West Aberdeenshire and Kincardine (Stuart Donaldson) is carrying on his dynasty, it would appear. I congratulate him on his speech and on representing the...
I might take up a bit of that yoga myself to calm me down every time I receive a letter from a constituent relating to rip-off fines in private car parks. Will the Leader of the House arrange for the Minister in charge to make a statement about what he is going to do to rein in these abuses?
To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, what the average annual power output is for solar panels installed in the UK.
More of Nigel Evans’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Ribble Valley
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Surplus Assets Sales
- Parliamentary Questions
- Departmental Data Protection
- Ministerial Accommodation
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (8 Dec 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (7 Jul 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (23 Jun 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- First Deputy Chairman of Ways and Means (8 Jun 2010 to 11 Sep 2013)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (13 Oct 2009 to 11 Sep 2013)
- Member, International Development Committee (13 Jul 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 13 Jul 2009)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (8 Dec 2003 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (23 Oct 2003 to 17 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Wales (18 Sep 2001 to 6 Nov 2003)
- Vice-Chair, Conservative Party (1 Aug 1999 to 31 Jul 2001)
- Member, Environment Committee (20 Jan 1997 to 21 Mar 1997)
- Member, Public Service Committee (23 Oct 1996 to 21 Mar 1997)
- Member, Transport Committee (15 Dec 1992 to 5 Jul 1993)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 57 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 95 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.59% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 32 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 96 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nigel Evans’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1162 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from