What steps his Department is taking to support small businesses.
My constituency is next door to Pendle, funnily enough. It is very similar, but we do not have and do not want an airport. What we do have are many small businesses, from the butcher to restaurants, bars, hotels and independently owned stores that tend to employ local people and source locally whenever they can. Does the Secretary of State agree that we have to bend over backwards to ensure...
What assessment she has made of the adequacy of the number of police officers in Lancashire.
More of Nigel Evans's recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Ribble Valley
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Surplus Assets Sales
- Parliamentary Questions
- Departmental Data Protection
- Ministerial Accommodation
Currently held offices
- Member, Administration Committee (since 8 Dec 2014)
- Member, Backbench Business Committee (since 7 Jul 2014)
- Member, Public Administration Committee (since 23 Jun 2014)
Other offices held in the past
- First Deputy Chairman of Ways and Means (8 Jun 2010 to 11 Sep 2013)
- Member, Panel of Chairs (13 Oct 2009 to 11 Sep 2013)
- Member, International Development Committee (13 Jul 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 13 Jul 2009)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (8 Dec 2003 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (23 Oct 2003 to 17 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Wales (18 Sep 2001 to 6 Nov 2003)
- Vice-Chair, Conservative Party (1 Aug 1999 to 31 Jul 2001)
- Member, Environment Committee (20 Jan 1997 to 21 Mar 1997)
- Member, Public Service Committee (23 Oct 1996 to 21 Mar 1997)
- Member, Transport Committee (15 Dec 1992 to 5 Jul 1993)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 53 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 84 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 18.97% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 32 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 95 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1155 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from Exclusive Press & Publicity Ltd, Golden Cross House, 8 Duncannon Street, London WC2N 4JF, in respect of three media engagements with (1) the Mail on Sunday, Northcliffe House, 2 Derry Street, London W8 5TT (2) the Daily Mirror, 1 Canada Square, London E14 5AP (3) ITV
, The London Studios, 58-72 Upper Ground, London SE1 9LT. Hours: 3 hrs for each; 9 hrs in total. To be paid in twelve monthly instalments until June 2015. (Registered 15 August 2014)
13 July 2014, received £1,762.50. Hours: as above. (Registered 15 August 2014)
13 August 2014, received £1,762.50. Hours: as above. (Registered 15 August 2014)
September 2014, received £1,762.50. Hours: as above. (Registered 14 January 2015)
October 2014, received £1,762.50. Hours: as above. (Registered 14 January 2015)
November 2014, received £1,762.50. Hours: as above. (Registered 14 January 2015)
December 2014, received £1,762.50. Hours: as above (Registered 19 January 2015)
January 2015, received £1,762.50. Hours: as above (Registered 26 February 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from