This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Sir Peter Emery
Former Conservative MP for East Devon
- Also represented Honiton; Reading
We’re missing a photo of Sir Peter Emery. If you have a photo that you can release under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license or can locate a copyright free photo, please email it to us. Please do not email us about copyrighted photos elsewhere on the internet; we can’t use them.
- Entered Parliament on 8 October 1959 — General election
- Left Parliament on 14 May 2001 — General election
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Sir Peter Emery voted on key issues since 2001:
- Has never voted on university tuition fees. votes
- Has never voted on greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Has never voted on replacing Trident. votes
- Has never voted on a smoking ban. votes
- Has never voted on laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted moderately against equal gay rights. votes
- Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted moderately against removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
More on their full record
- Occasionally rebels against their party.
Most recent appearances
- Diabetes (11 May 2001)
“I extend an invitation to the Minister now.”
- Diabetes (11 May 2001)
“I thank my hon. Friend the Member for Buckingham (Mr. Bercow) for his speech. Four years and 10 days it may have been, but during that time my hon. Friend has earned himself a reputation as the terrier of the Opposition. One factor in that, which he was able to prove today, is that he is a very serious politician who has learned his trade well. As the right hon. Member for Chesterfield (Mr....”
- [Mr. Speaker in the Chair] (11 May 2001)
“On a point of order, Mr. Speaker. Have you been informed of any recommendation, decision or thought of the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food about keeping Members and ex-Members informed about foot and mouth disease, which is still serious in certain counties? If I may, I will go fur ther than my right hon. Friend the Member for Bromley and Chislehurst (Mr. Forth), and say that the...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has voted in 37.08% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation. (From Public Whip)
- 0 people are tracking this MP.