Hon. Members’ comments have illustrated the very wide-ranging nature of the Bill. Mine will concentrate on the proposals for the strategic road network, and their implications for transport planning and regeneration. I very much welcome the attention the Bill gives to the strategic road network. More than 65% of all journeys take place on that network. It is used on more than 65% of...
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what progress he has made in setting up an inquiry into the use of the hormone pregnancy test Primados.
One North brings together local authorities right across the north to look at transport needs—road and rail. Does the current structure allow such integrated thinking to go ahead, whether in the current control period or the next, so that we can plan for people’s transport needs looking at road and rail together?
More of Louise Ellman's recent appearances
Labour MP for Liverpool, Riverside
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Asylum Seekers
- Rescue Services
- Lyons Review
Currently held offices
- Member, National Policy Statements Sub-Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Liaison Committee (3 Jun 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Chairman, Transport Committee (23 May 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Transport Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 23 May 2008)
- Member, Transport Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 36 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 24 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.46% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 56 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 193 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Louise Ellman’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 330 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Dec 2014.
(a) Name of donor: Liverpool Riverside Constituency Labour Party
(a) Address of donor: 108 Prescot Road, Liverpool L7 0JA
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: money raised at a fundraising event for my constituency party on 13 February 2014. The total raised was £2,642.60, which includes no individual registrable donations.
(a) Donor status: unincorporated association
(a) (Registered 17 November 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Australia Israel Cultural Exchange
Address of donor: Suite 836, 1 Queens Road, Melbourne VIC
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): meals and transportation £350, hotel £796 and flight £440.56; total £1,586.56
Destination of visit: Israel
Date of visit: 25-29 July 2014
Purpose of visit: participation in the Australia Israel UK
Leadership Dialogue, including discussions on the Israeli/Palestinian peace process and security issues.
(Registered 11 November 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from