How Louise Ellman voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately against reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted moderately against encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted moderately for university tuition fees Source
Voted strongly against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Source
Get email notifications when Louise Ellman speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Louise Ellman never rebelled against their party in this parliament
Have any arrangements been agreed to ensure that much needed building materials for hospitals, schools and homes will not be diverted to rebuilding the terror tunnels, which Hamas claims it has started to do?
It is good to see such expansion in the use of rail, but what action will the Secretary of State take to relieve the severe overcrowding on some routes caused by the lack of both electric and diesel trains? Is he concerned about the safety threat posed by the continuation of the Pacer trains?
More of Louise Ellman's recent appearances
Labour MP for Liverpool, Riverside
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Asylum Seekers
- Lyons Review
- Rescue Services
Currently held offices
- Member, National Policy Statements Sub-Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Liaison Committee (3 Jun 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Chairman, Transport Committee (23 May 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Transport Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 23 May 2008)
- Member, Transport Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 22 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 72.76% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 56 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 191 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Louise Ellman’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 324 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Oct 2014.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: BM LFI
, London, W1N 3XX
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights with a value of £550; additional transport with a value of £60, and accommodation, food and drink valued at £1,190; total £1,800
Date of visit: 29 September 2013 to 4 October 2013
(Registered 9 October 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from