To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many full-time police officers have been in the employ of Merseyside Police in each of the last five years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, if he will make an assessment of the implications for his policies of the statistics collected by the Campaign to End Child Poverty on child poverty rates in Liverpool.
To ask the Deputy Prime Minister, what steps he has taken to ensure that the number of people on the electoral register in Liverpool does not fall as a result of the introduction of Individual Electoral Registration.
More of Louise Ellman’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Liverpool, Riverside
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Changed party from Labour on 30 Mar 2015; from Labour/Co-operative on 11 Apr 2005
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Asylum Seekers
- Rescue Services
- Lyons Review
- Rolling Stock
Other offices held in the past
- Member, National Policy Statements Sub-Committee (21 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (21 May 2008 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, Transport Committee (21 May 2008 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Transport Committee (22 Jul 2002 to 21 May 2008)
- Member, Transport Sub-committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Transport, Local Government & The Regions Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Urban Affairs Sub-committee (16 Jul 2001 to 22 Jul 2002)
- Member, Environment Sub-committee (15 Jul 1997 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Member, Environment Sub-committee (14 Jul 1997 to 1 Jun 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 37 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- People have made 56 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 191 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Louise Ellman’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 335 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Donations to my constituency
party or association, which have been or will be reported by my party to the Electoral Commission:
(a) Name of donor: Liverpool Riverside Constituency Labour Party
(a) Address of donor: 108 Prescot Road, Liverpool L7 0JA
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: money raised at a fundraising event for my constituency party on 13 February 2014. The total raised was £2,642.60, which includes no individual registrable donations.
(a) Donor status: unincorporated association
(a) (Registered 17 November 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Australia Israel Cultural Exchange
Address of donor: Suite 836, 1 Queens Road, Melbourne VIC
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): meals and transportation £350, hotel £796 and flight £440.56; total £1,586.56
Destination of visit: Israel
Date of visit: 25-29 July 2014
Purpose of visit: participation in the Australia Israel UK
Leadership Dialogue, including discussions on the Israeli/Palestinian peace process and security issues.
(Registered 11 November 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from