To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what assessment her Department has made of the effect that withdrawal from the EU would have on British farming.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what information her Department holds on the extend to which the presence of antibiotic resistant organisms in the human gut is the result of horizontal gene transmission from bacteria of farm animal origin, notwithstanding the strains of bacteria concerned.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what research her Department has commissioned on horizontal gene transmission between bacteria in the human gut which transfers antibiotic resistance from one organism to another regardless of its strain or of its human or animal origin.
More of Maria Eagle’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Garston and Halewood
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Liverpool, Garston
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Communities and Local Government
- Departmental Travel
- West Coast Railway Line: Franchises
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- Departmental Public Transport
Currently held offices
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (since 7 Oct 2013)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Equalities Office) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Shadow Solicitor General (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Minister of State (Ministry of Justice) (also in Government Equalities Office) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Minister of State (Government Equalities Office) (also in the Ministry of Justice) (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Government Equalities office) (also in the Ministry of Justice) (5 Oct 2008 to 9 Jun 2009)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Justice (2 Jul 2007 to 9 Jun 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Northern Ireland Office) (5 May 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Education and Skills) (Children and Families) (10 May 2005 to 5 May 2006)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (11 Jun 2001 to 10 May 2005)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (25 Jul 1997 to 29 Nov 1999)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 90 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 58.62% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 24 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 134 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Maria Eagle’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 602 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Donations to my constituency
party or association, which have been or will be reported by the party to the Electoral Commission:
(a) Name of donor: Unite the Union
(a) Address of donor: Unite House, 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
(a) (Registered 8 April 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from