How Angela Eagle voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately against reducing central government funding of local government Source
Voted moderately for more EU integration Source
Voted moderately against encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted moderately against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT Source
Get email notifications when Angela Eagle speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Angela Eagle hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
I thank the Leader of the House for announcing next week’s business, albeit with last-minute changes. I note the sudden appearance next Thursday of unidentified Government business. Will he tell us what it is, or is he playing partisan games? In the light of the publication of the Smith commission report this morning and the assurance that there will be a draft Bill by the end of...
More of Angela Eagle's recent appearances
Labour MP for Wallasey
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Departmental Redundancy
- Partnership Agreements
- Race Relations
- Pay Audits
- NHS: Pensions
Currently held offices
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority
- Shadow Leader of the House of Commons
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Minister of State (Pensions and the Ageing Society), Department for Work and Pensions (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (20 Nov 2007 to 27 Oct 2009)
- Parliamentary Secretary, HM Treasury (28 Jun 2007 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Member, Treasury Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, Treasury Sub-committee Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Treasury Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (to 11 Jun 2004)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Home Office (11 Jun 2001 to 29 May 2002)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of Social Security (28 Jul 1998 to 8 Jun 2001)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions (5 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.83% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 50 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 83 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Angela Eagle’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 927 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 24 Nov 2014.
(a) Address of donor: Unite House, 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
(a) (Registered 15 April 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: European Study Tours
Address of donor: 4 Post Office
Walk, Fore Street, Hertford SG14 1DL
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): Travel and accommodation for myself and my partner, Eurostar fares £648; hotel accommodation £307.34; total £955.34.
Destination of visit: Paris
Date of visit: 7-9 February 2014
Purpose of visit: Speaking in the Question Time
Session at an Achievers International conference.
(Registered 4 March 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from