Will the Leader of the House give us the business for the week when we return from the conference recess?
I thank the Leader of the House for announcing the business for after the conference recess. May I associate myself with the tributes paid by the deputy leader of the Labour party, the Leader of the House and other Members during Prime Minister’s questions yesterday to Jim Dobbin? We will all miss him. Following President Obama’s address to the American people overnight and on the...
I rise to support the motion in the name of the hon. Member for Hereford and South Herefordshire (Jesse Norman) and proposed for debate this evening by the Backbench Business Committee. After concerns from Members about the recruitment of a new Clerk and chief executive, this motion allows us to move forward swiftly in pursuit of a solution that can unite the House. Before I address the...
More of Angela Eagle's recent appearances
Labour MP for Wallasey
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Departmental Redundancy
- Partnership Agreements
- Race Relations
- Pay Audits
- NHS: Pensions
Currently held offices
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority
- Shadow Leader of the House of Commons
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- Minister of State (Pensions and the Ageing Society), Department for Work and Pensions (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (20 Nov 2007 to 27 Oct 2009)
- Parliamentary Secretary, HM Treasury (28 Jun 2007 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Member, Treasury Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 7 Nov 2007)
- Member, Treasury Sub-committee Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Treasury Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (to 11 Jun 2004)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Home Office (11 Jun 2001 to 29 May 2002)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of Social Security (28 Jul 1998 to 8 Jun 2001)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions (5 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.36% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 50 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 82 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Angela Eagle’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 918 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 26 Aug 2014.
(a) Address of donor: 37 Ivor Place, London NW1 6EA
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two tables of eight at a fundraising dinner, net value £1,720
(a) Donor status: company
(a) (Registered 21 October 2013)
(a) Address of donor: Unite House, 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
(a) (Registered 15 April 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: European Study Tours
Address of donor: 4 Post Office
Walk, Fore Street, Hertford SG14 1DL
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): Travel and accommodation for myself and my partner, Eurostar fares £648; hotel accommodation £307.34; total £955.34.
Destination of visit: Paris
Date of visit: 7-9 February 2014
Purpose of visit: Speaking in the Question Time
Session at an Achievers International conference.
(Registered 4 March 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from