I thank the Leader of the House for giving me, earlier this morning, advance sight of his statement and the draft procedural amendments he proposes. The Leader of the House has announced in his statement the Government’s intention to rush ahead with controversial and complex changes to the procedures of this House, in an effort to ensure provision of what he likes to call English votes...
Will the Leader of the House please give us the business for next week?
I thank the Leader of the House for announcing next week’s business. I commiserate with the England women’s football team, who lost their World cup semi-final in the cruellest fashion last night after an heroic campaign. Does the Leader of the House agree that they did the country proud and that they have proved the worth of women’s sport, which should finally be getting...
More of Angela Eagle’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Wallasey
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Departmental Redundancy
- Partnership Agreements
- Race Relations
- Pay Audits
- NHS: Pensions
Currently held offices
- Shadow Leader of the House of Commons (since 7 Oct 2011)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Speaker's Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (7 Dec 2011 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Shadow Minister (Treasury) (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions (9 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (19 Nov 2007 to 26 Oct 2009)
- The Exchequer Secretary (29 Jun 2007 to 9 Jun 2009)
- Member, Labour Party National Executive Committee (1 Aug 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Treasury Committee (27 Jan 2003 to 6 Nov 2007)
- Member, Treasury Sub-committee (27 Jan 2003 to 11 Jul 2005)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (16 Oct 2002 to 3 Mar 2003)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Home office) (11 Jun 2001 to 28 May 2002)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Social Security) (28 Jul 1998 to 7 Jun 2001)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Environment, Transport and the Regions) (6 May 1997 to 29 Jul 1998)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jun 1996 to 1 May 1997)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (28 Nov 1995 to 11 Nov 1996)
- Member, Employment Committee (25 Apr 1994 to 17 Oct 1996)
- Member, Members' Interests Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 8 Nov 1995)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 46 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 51.35% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 50 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 83 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Angela Eagle’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 962 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from