On behalf of my constituents in Rutland and Melton, I present a petition in the same terms as that of my hon. Friend the Member for Beverley and Holderness (Mr Stuart). We believe in a balanced and fair constitution that offers English votes for English laws. The Petition of the residents of Rutland and Melton. [P001468]
More of Alan Duncan's recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Rutland and Melton
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Trade and Industry
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform
- Departmental Procurement
- Nuclear Power Stations
- Departmental Orders and Regulations
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department for International Development (14 May 2010 to 15 Jul 2014)
- Shadow Minister (Justice) (7 Sep 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Leader of the House of Commons (19 Jan 2009 to 7 Sep 2009)
- Shadow Secretary of State (3 Jul 2007 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Secretary of State (Trade and Industry) (10 May 2005 to 3 Jul 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport (1 Jan 2005 to 10 May 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State for International Development (1 Sep 2004 to 1 Jan 2005)
- Shadow Lord Chancellor and Shadow Secretary of State for Justice (8 Nov 2003 to 1 Sep 2004)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (1 Jun 2001 to 1 Jun 2003)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Trade and Industry) (1 Jun 1999 to 1 Jun 2001)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) (1 Jun 1998 to 1 Jun 1999)
- Vice-Chair, Conservative Party (1 Jul 1997 to 1 Jul 1998)
- Member, Social Security Committee (30 Nov 1992 to 11 Dec 1995)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 61.02% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 100 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 590 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
6. Overseas visits
Address of donor: 11a West Halkin Street, London SW1X 8JL
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): approx. £5,000, including flights and accommodation
Destination of visit: Grenada, Spain
Date of visit: 5-7 October 2014
Purpose of visit: leisure
(Registered 14 October 2014)
8. Land and Property
Rental income from residential property in London.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from