How Jim Dowd voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately against encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted moderately for university tuition feesDetails
- Voted strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Voted very strongly for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Jim Dowd hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Thank you, Mr Speaker. It is not the first time I have been confused with my hon. Friend the Member for West Ham (Lyn Brown). I am not surprised that the Prime Minister has been called to be here for much longer than normal. He has tried to conflate two very important statements into one, but I am sure he knew that. Nobody with any sense would object to the UN Security Council’s call...
Yes, Mr Speaker. The Prime Minister said that flight MH17 was shot down by an SA-11 missile fired by separatists. What evidence does he have? Those systems can be used only by those of the most highly trained calibre, who would either have come from the Russian Government or been supported by the Russian Government. Does he have any information about that?
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what progress has been made towards ending the testing of household products and ingredients on animals; and if she will make a statement.
More of Jim Dowd's recent appearances
Labour MP for Lewisham West and Penge
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Lewisham West
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Innovation and Skills
- Culture Media and Sport
- Cancer: Health Services
- Copyright: Education
- Theft: Mobile Phones
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Health Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Mental Incapacity Bill (Joint Committee) (to 11 Jun 2004)
- Member, Health Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Government Whip (technically a Lords Commissioner, HM Treasury) (6 May 1997 to 11 Jun 2001)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 10 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 9 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 69.99% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 195 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jim Dowd’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 162 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Address of donor : Members Hill, Brooklands Rd, Weybridge, KT13 0QU
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets and associated hospitality for Glyndebourne at an approximate value of £1,533.32
Date of receipt of donation: 13 June 2013
Date of acceptance of donation: 13 June 2013
Donor status: company, registration 01501573
(Registered 20 June 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.