How Frank Doran voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted very strongly against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Source
Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted a mixture of for and against university tuition fees Source
Get email notifications when Frank Doran votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Frank Doran hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
What recent assessment he has made of the safety of passengers in the offshore oil and gas helicopter transport system.
I am sorry that the Minister did not mention the Transport Committee’s report on the serious problem of helicopter transport in the offshore industry, which was published on Tuesday this week. I hope that, when the Secretary of State sees the report, he will focus on the part that deals with the survivors of the last fatal crash in August last year, so that he can fully understand what...
To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer what consideration he has given to the decision of the Supreme Court in the case of Durkin v DSG Retail Limited and another and its effect on existing consumer law.
More of Frank Doran's recent appearances
Labour MP for Aberdeen North
Entered House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Also represented Aberdeen Central; Aberdeen South
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- House of Commons Commission
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Coroners and Justice Act 2009
- Mesothelioma: Drugs
- September Sittings
- Helicopters: Safety
- Members: Allowances
Currently held offices
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Liaison Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Advisory Committee on Works of Art (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Chairman, Administration Committee (20 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Finance & Services Committee (20 Jul 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 20 Jul 2005)
- Member, Culture, Media & Sport Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.63% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 9 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 68 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Frank Doran’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 266 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from