Everybody has been amused by the points that the right hon. Gentleman has been making, quite rightly, but I do not think the public will be particularly amused. The public’s real concern is not about people with a continuing interest; it is about people who become Members of Parliament and then obtain directorships and consultancies, who are perceived as being in something like a system...
More of Frank Dobson's recent appearances
Labour MP for Holborn and St Pancras
Entered House of Commons on 3 May 1979 — General election
Also represented Camden Holborn and St Pancras South
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foundation Hospitals
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- NHS Direct
- IT Contracts
- Departmental Manpower
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 5 Feb 2008)
- Member, Administration Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 4 Feb 2008)
- The Secretary of State for Health (3 May 1997 to 10 Oct 1999)
- Secretary of State, Department of Health (3 May 1997 to 11 Oct 1999)
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (21 Jun 1994 to 1 May 1997)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (1 Jun 1994 to 1 Jun 1997)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Transport (1 Jul 1993 to 21 Jun 1994)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (11 Apr 1992 to 1 Jul 1993)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change (1 Jul 1989 to 11 Apr 1992)
- Member, Privileges (22 Nov 1988 to 14 Nov 1989)
- Member, House of Commons (Services) (17 Jun 1987 to 9 Nov 1989)
- Member, House of Commons (Services): Computer Sub-Committee (17 Jun 1987 to 22 Oct 1991)
- Member, House of Commons (Services): New Building Sub-Committee (17 Jun 1987 to 9 Nov 1989)
- Member, Televising of Proceedings of the House (17 Jun 1987 to 9 Nov 1989)
- Shadow Leader of the House of Commons (12 Jun 1987 to 1 Jul 1989)
- Shadow Minister (Health) (1 Jun 1983 to 1 Jun 1987)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Education) (1 Jun 1981 to 1 Jun 1983)
- Member, Environment (3 May 1979 to 24 May 1982)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 35 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 33 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 62.72% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 223 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Frank Dobson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1642 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Feb 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
6 August 2014, £75 paid to direct to local organisation by Populus, 10 Northborough Street, London EC1V 0AT, for completing an interview on 28 July 2014. Hours: 35 mins. (Registered 26 August 2014)
Received £90 from the Guardian, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9GO, for an article. Hours: 10 minutes in editing a speech I made in the House of Commons
. (Registered 4 December 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from