How Frank Dobson voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per yearDetails
- Voted moderately against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Frank Dobson occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
While Israel is rightly claiming its right of self-defence under international law, we cannot have international law for the Israelis and another international law for the Palestinians, and when is Britain, and more importantly the United States, going to bring pressure to bear to get the Israelis to comply with international law, to end the blockade of Gaza and the settlements on the west bank?
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport how much of the estimated income included in the business case for phase 1 of High Speed 2 comes from Birmingham to London commuters.
Is it not also the case that in order to protect blood products and blood transfusions, this country has been spending the best part of £1 billion for the same reason?
More of Frank Dobson's recent appearances
Labour MP for Holborn and St Pancras
Entered House of Commons on 3 May 1979 — General election
Also represented Camden Holborn and St Pancras South
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foundation Hospitals
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- NHS Direct
- IT Contracts
- Departmental Manpower
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 5 Feb 2008)
- Secretary of State, Department of Health (3 May 1997 to 11 Oct 1999)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 46 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 62.85% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 219 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Frank Dobson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1606 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.