How Frank Dobson voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Source
Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Source
Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted moderately against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Source
Get email notifications when Frank Dobson speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Frank Dobson hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Labour MP for Holborn and St Pancras
Entered House of Commons on 3 May 1979 — General election
Also represented Camden Holborn and St Pancras South
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foundation Hospitals
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- NHS Direct
- IT Contracts
- Departmental Manpower
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 5 Feb 2008)
- Secretary of State, Department of Health (3 May 1997 to 11 Oct 1999)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 24 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 26 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 62.72% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 224 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Frank Dobson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1616 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Oct 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
6 August 2014, £75 paid to direct to local organisation by Populus, 10 Northborough Street, London EC1V 0AT, for completing an interview on 28 July 2014. Hours: 35 mins. (Registered 26 August 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from