How Frank Dobson voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately against university tuition feesDetails
- Voted very strongly against reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted very strongly against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
- Voted very strongly for raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Frank Dobson occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
Consultation on this started in 2003. If this is a rush, how would my hon. Friend describe something that was slow?
Mitochondrial disease is horrible. It has dreadful effects on children and shortens their lives and there is no cure. The scientists at Newcastle university have been trying to improve the inadequate treatment services that are presently available and one of the reasons why they got involved in this research is that they do not see very much progress there. The replacement technique does not...
I hope the Prime Minister accepts that no one in the House is more opposed to terrorism than I am—my constituency was subject to the Tavistock Square and Russell Square bombings. Does he agree that to be a British citizen is very precious, and that we need to be very careful about interfering with the rights of British citizens? If the security services know enough to finger people and...
More of Frank Dobson's recent appearances
Labour MP for Holborn and St Pancras
Entered House of Commons on 3 May 1979 — General election
Also represented Camden Holborn and St Pancras South
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Foundation Hospitals
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- NHS Direct
- IT Contracts
- Departmental Manpower
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- Member, Administration Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 5 Feb 2008)
- Secretary of State, Department of Health (3 May 1997 to 11 Oct 1999)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 46 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 62.85% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 220 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Frank Dobson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1608 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.