A selection of Geraint Davies's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Details
Voted strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Details
Voted strongly against reducing central government funding of local government Details
Voted strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Details
Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Details
Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Does the hon. Gentleman not accept that the deficit targets were not satisfied because the growth projections went down, and that is because consumption went down, and that is because VAT went up? I appreciate what the Prime Minister said earlier, but does the hon. Gentleman accept that if VAT went up now, when we have 0% inflation, that would spiral the economy down, and that it would be...
I am saying that given a choice between lower VAT or lower tax thresholds, does the hon. Gentleman accept that lower VAT would give higher growth and help to reduce the deficit—or is he a just a politician without any economic sense?
The Minister assumes that the choice is between tax and spend. Does he accept that if the tax and spend options are made in one way rather than another they will promote more growth and therefore more revenues? If more money goes to poorer people who spend all their money, as opposed to rich people who hide it in tax havens—10% of UK wealth is offshore—and if we had a Labour...
More of Geraint Davies’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Swansea West
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Changed party from Labour on 30 Mar 2015
Also represented Croydon Central
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Local Government and the Regions
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Departmental Policies
- Voluntary Work: Young People
- Feroz Abbasi
- Mental Health Services
- Guantanamo Bay
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (5 Jul 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (Substitute Member) (10 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- PPS (Team PPS), Department for Constitutional Affairs (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (25 Jul 1997 to 10 Sep 2003)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2005, according to constituents.
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 84 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Geraint Davies’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 390 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from