How Geraint Davies voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPsDetails
- Voted moderately against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during electionsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Geraint Davies hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
I thought my new suit would catch your eye, Mr Speaker, but it did not. [Hon. Members: “It did.”] Maybe it did. The slaughter of 298 innocents on flight MH17 was a direct result of the deployment of the most lethal arms at the top of the technology tree, which has been part of an escalation from violent skirmishes in Ukraine towards all-out civil war with a possible pretext of...
More of Geraint Davies's recent appearances
Labour MP for Swansea West
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Croydon Central
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Local Government and the Regions
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Departmental Policies
- Voluntary Work: Young People
- Feroz Abbasi
- Mental Health Services
- Guantanamo Bay
Other offices held in the past
- PPS (Team PPS), Department for Constitutional Affairs (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 9 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2005, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 63.86% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 71 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Geraint Davies’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 359 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.