How Geraint Davies voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted strongly against encouraging occupational pensionsDetails
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons systemDetails
- Voted moderately for university tuition feesDetails
- Voted strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disabilityDetails
- Voted strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Geraint Davies hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Today the Ford Motor Company agreed a multi-million pound contribution towards the Visteon pension fund for former Ford employees. Will the Prime Minister congratulate Unite the union which, alongside a cross-party group of MPs, has struggled to get a fair deal for former Ford workers? Will he commit to supporting pensioners facing the same plight at the hands of other multinational...
Is the Minister saying that there are only upsides? Is he saying that, if the Welsh Government do well and grow the Welsh economy, they get a greater share of overall UK revenue, and if things go the wrong way from their point of view or the UK point of view, they still get that share or more and it never goes down? I cannot believe that.
It is always a pleasure to follow the hon. Member for Aberconwy (Guto Bebb). It is interesting that he should mention Ukraine at a time when Victor Yanukovych is recommending referendums across Ukraine for more autonomy for its regions. The Bill is, at best, a pig’s breakfast, but when there is nothing else on the table I guess that the parties will coalesce around it. To be fair, one...
More of Geraint Davies's recent appearances
Labour MP for Swansea West
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Local Government and the Regions
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Cabinet Office
- Departmental Policies
- Voluntary Work: Young People
- Feroz Abbasi
- Mental Health Services
- Guantanamo Bay
Other offices held in the past
- PPS (Team PPS), Department for Constitutional Affairs (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 10 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2005, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 63.77% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 71 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Geraint Davies’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 349 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.