A selection of Geraint Davies's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Details
Voted strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Details
Voted moderately against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax") Details
Voted very strongly for a wholly elected House of Lords Details
Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Details
Voted moderately for university tuition fees Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Geraint Davies never rebelled against their party in this parliament
I give my best wishes to Matthew James, a gas engineer in Swansea who took three bullets in protecting his fiancée; he is now recovering in Cardiff hospital. In talking in Swansea to both Shi’ite and Sunni imams from Bangladesh, Pakistan and Iraq, I have found that they are as one in saying that the Daesh are impostors, gangsters, murderers and blasphemers. Will the Prime Minister...
Wales’s output per head amounts to 70% of the United Kingdom average, which explains why we have the lowest wages in Britain yet some of the largest cuts. What is the Minister doing to ensure that we have our fair share of investment in engineering, in order to boost productivity, boost wages, and boost family incomes for once?
Will the Chancellor confirm that the waste water from fracking will be properly treated, so that it is safe to drink again?
More of Geraint Davies’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Swansea West
Entered the House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Party was Labour until 30 Mar 2015
Also represented Croydon Central
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Local Government and the Regions
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Departmental Policies
- Voluntary Work: Young People
- Feroz Abbasi
- Mental Health Services
- Guantanamo Bay
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (5 Jul 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (Substitute Member) (10 Nov 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- PPS (Team PPS), Department for Constitutional Affairs (13 May 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (25 Jul 1997 to 10 Sep 2003)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 36 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2005, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 58.62% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 86 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Geraint Davies’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 395 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from