How Geraint Davies voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately for university tuition fees Source
Voted strongly against increasing the rate of VAT Source
Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted moderately for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted strongly for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Get email notifications when Geraint Davies speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Geraint Davies hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
Sugar in Food and Drinks (Targets, Labelling and Advertising) Bill - Second reading – Geraint Davies.
Counsellors and Psychotherapists (Regulation) Bill - Second reading – Geraint Davies.
More of Geraint Davies's recent appearances
Labour MP for Swansea West
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Croydon Central
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Local Government and the Regions
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Departmental Policies
- Voluntary Work: Young People
- Feroz Abbasi
- Mental Health Services
- Guantanamo Bay
Currently held offices
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (Substitute Member)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee
Other offices held in the past
- PPS (Team PPS), Department for Constitutional Affairs (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 45 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2005, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 63.88% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 75 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Geraint Davies’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 371 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from