Will the Minister give way?
I will be as quick as I can. On the 75,000 claims waiting to be assessed, what progress has been made in England? The Minister has talked about Scotland, but what about England, where there are similar problems?
I thank my right hon. Friend for giving way and I congratulate him on securing a welcome and—in many ways—a well-timed debate. He has just described what we are experiencing in Coventry, including sloppy paperwork and long delays in receiving benefits, especially the earnings supplement, which is claimed by 25% of the claimants in Coventry. CAB time is taken up with that. We see...
More of Jim Cunningham's recent appearances
Labour MP for Coventry South
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Also represented Coventry South East
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Innovation and Skills
- Middle East
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Standards and Privileges (26 Jul 2010 to 22 Nov 2010)
- PPS (Mr Mike O'Brien, Minister of State), Department for Energy and Climate Change (16 Oct 2008 to unknown)
- PPS (Mr Mike O'Brien, Minister of State), Department for Work and Pensions (28 Jun 2007 to 16 Oct 2008)
- PPS (Mr Mike O'Brien, Solicitor General), Law Officers' Department (before 10 Nov 2005 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Member, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: Housing, Planning, Local Government and the Regions Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 6 Dec 2005)
- Member, Procedure Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 16 Nov 2006)
- Member, Constitutional Affairs Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 135 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 449 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 79.19% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 6 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 114 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jim Cunningham’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 363 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from