A selection of John Cryer's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted very strongly against greater restrictions on campaigning by third parties, such as charities, during elections Details
Voted moderately against university tuition fees Details
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Details
Voted very strongly against reducing central government funding of local government Details
Voted strongly against encouraging occupational pensions Details
Voted very strongly against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year Details
New: more analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Zero-hours shifts are often cancelled at 20 or 30 minutes’ notice. Does the Minister think that that is fair? If she thinks it is unfair, what would she do about it?
Has the Minister made any assessment of the minimum age of sponsors as well as minimum income, because the two factors often relate to each other?
Further to Question 8, what measures is the Chief Secretary taking to tackle the activities of payroll and umbrella companies that promote bogus self-employment which in turn fuels widespread tax evasion?
More of John Cryer’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Leyton and Wanstead
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Hornchurch
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Work and Pensions
- Constitutional Treaty
- European Constitution
- Hospital Treatment
- Prison Service
- English Language: Education
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Justice Committee (24 Feb 2014 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Treasury Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 14 Nov 2011)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 13 May 2002)
- Member, Deregulation Committee (29 Jul 1997 to 11 May 2001)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2005, according to constituents.
- People have made 10 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 137 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on John Cryer’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 176 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from