How John Cryer voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately against increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted strongly against reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted very strongly against reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted moderately for a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted very strongly for raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
- Voted very strongly against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
John Cryer occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
Closure of Wanstead hospital – John Cryer.
What undertakings can the Minister give that no British arms or equipment have found their way to ISIS?
May I, too, welcome the Leader of the House to his position? The Foreign Office’s loss will be this Chamber’s gain. Following on from the question asked by my hon. Friend the Member for Huddersfield (Mr Sheerman), could we have a statement on Gaza on Tuesday, after Foreign Office questions? I am aware that the right hon. Gentleman made a statement on Monday in his previous role,...
More of John Cryer's recent appearances
Labour MP for Leyton and Wanstead
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Hornchurch
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Deputy Prime Minister
- Work and Pensions
- Constitutional Treaty
- European Constitution
- Hospital Treatment
- Prison Service
- English Language: Education
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Treasury Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 14 Nov 2011)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 41 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 5 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2005, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.38% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 10 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 124 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on John Cryer’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 171 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.