On a point of order, Mr Speaker. I echo the sentiments expressed by the retiring Member, the right hon. Member for North West Hampshire (Sir George Young). Yesterday, while I was asking a question, you intervened, Mr Speaker, because a Conservative Member shouted, “SNP gain”. I could have said, “Well, that’s exactly what the Conservative Members want—more SNP...
I was the chair of the all-party group on haemophilia from 2001 to 2010, and what we got then was an interim settlement as well, because no one would face up to the fact that these people should be compensated, not just given an ex gratia payment or some more money to go away quietly. We are told that all documents were looked at, but in the time that I have been involved in this campaign we...
A young couple in my constituency—[Interruption.]
More of Michael Connarty’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Linlithgow and East Falkirk
Entered House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Also represented Falkirk East
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- International Development
- Human Trafficking
- Call Centres
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Modern Slavery Bill Committee (9 Jan 2014 to 3 Apr 2014)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (26 Jul 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (18 Oct 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Chair, European Scrutiny Committee (18 Oct 2006 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (10 Dec 1998 to 18 Oct 2006)
- Member, Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration (2 Mar 1995 to 21 Mar 1997)
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 45 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 58.51% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 15 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 67 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 699 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Results UK
Address of donor: Second Floor, 31-33 Bondway, London SW8 1SJ
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation, etc, totalling £1,410
Destination of visit: Cambodia
Date of visit: 15-21 February 2014
Purpose of visit: Participation in a delegation to study the impact of key Global Fund and UK funded health initiatives.
(Registered 9 April 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from