How Ann Clwyd voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted moderately against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Source
Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted a mixture of for and against a more proportional system for electing MPs Source
Voted strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Source
Voted moderately against reducing central government funding of local government Source
Get email notifications when Ann Clwyd speaks in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Ann Clwyd occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, when his Department last raised human rights concerns at ministerial level with the government of Turkmenistan.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, when he next plans to convene his Human Rights Advisory Group.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, if he will press the government of Turkmenistan to fulfil specific benchmarks set by the European Parliament as a condition of upgraded relations with the EU in the form of a Partnership and Cooperation Agreement.
More of Ann Clwyd's recent appearances
Labour MP for Cynon Valley
Entered House of Commons on 3 May 1984 — unknown
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Arms Export Licences
- Miners' Compensation
- UK Nationals (Cuba)
Currently held offices
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, International Development Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 16 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 62.51% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 68 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ann Clwyd’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 627 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from