I congratulate my hon. Friend the Member for Heywood and Middleton (Liz McInnes) on an excellent maiden speech, and very much welcome the tribute that she paid to our dear friend, Jim Dobbin. The House will know that, for many years, I have been involved in disability activities. I have worked with Members from both sides of the House—John Hammond, Nick Scott, Jack Ashley, Alf Morris...
More of Tom Clarke's recent appearances
Labour MP for Coatbridge, Chryston and Bellshill
Entered House of Commons on 24 June 1982 — unknown
Also represented Coatbridge and Chryston; Monklands West; Coatbridge and Airdrie
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Housing Benefit
- Work Programme
Currently held offices
- Member, Standards Committee
- Member, Privileges Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft House of Lords Reform Bill (Joint Committee) (23 Jun 2011 to 26 Mar 2012)
- Member, Standards and Privileges (26 Jul 2010 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Member, Administration Committee (5 Feb 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Draft Disability Discrimination Bill (Joint Committee) (to 11 Jun 2004)
- Minister of State (Film and Tourism), Department for Culture, Media & Sport (3 May 1997 to 28 Jul 1998)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 44 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 24 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.91% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 3 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 62 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Tom Clarke’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 819 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from