Will my right hon. Friend give way?
Will my right hon. Friend confirm that the valuable improvements she has made to the arrest warrant were achieved by negotiations with other member states—they were Europe-wide—and that we were strongly supported by, for example, the German Government who also had concerns about the proportionality of the arrest warrant and by many member states regarding the problem of the Polish...
Does my right hon. Friend agree that, when one looks for concrete practical steps that might be taken to achieve the wholly desirable goal of increased growth in the global economy, a very great deal depends on the successful achievement of a comprehensive trade deal between the European Union and the United States? As this is one of the few areas on which the Republicans in the United States...
More of Kenneth Clarke's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Rushcliffe
Entered House of Commons on 18 June 1970 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Contingency Planning
- Political Asylum
- Nottingham East Midlands Airport
- Protective Suits
Other offices held in the past
- Minister without Portfolio (6 Sep 2012 to 14 Jul 2014)
- The Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice (12 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Business (27 Jul 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (4 Jun 2009 to 27 Jul 2009)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (19 Jan 2009 to 4 Jun 2009)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform, Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (19 Jan 2009 to 19 Jan 2009)
- Chairman of the Democracy Task Force, Conservative Party (16 Dec 2005 to 11 Jan 2007)
- Chairman, Tax Law Rewrite Bills (Joint Committee) (6 Dec 2005 to 10 Nov 2009)
- Chairman, Tax Law Rewrite Bills (Joint Committee) (to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, House of Lords Reform (Joint Committee) (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 12 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 56.41% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 14 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 189 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kenneth Clarke’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 3816 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Nov 2014.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Address of donor: Motor Sports House, Riverside Park, Colnbrook, SL3 0HG
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two tickets for British Grand Prix
and hospitality, with a total value of £972
Date of receipt of donation: 6 July 2014
Date of acceptance of donation: 6 July 2014
Donor status: company, registration number 1344829
(Registered 29 July 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from