Is my right hon. Friend aware that in contradistinction to the views expressed by the Leader of the Opposition, there are millions of ordinary voters in this country who want their say on whether Britain should remain part of the European Union—a say that is long overdue? Is it not absolutely crystal clear that they will get that say only if my right hon. Friend continues to occupy...
To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what assistance her Department provides to religious minorities affected by the activities of ISIL in Iraq and Syria.
It is a privilege to have this opportunity to mark Holocaust memorial day. As colleagues will know, Holocaust memorial day falls exactly one week from today, on 27 January. I thank colleagues who supported the application for this debate, many of whom are here today: my hon. Friends the Members for Ilford North (Mr Scott), for Lancaster and Fleetwood (Eric Ollerenshaw), for Finchley and...
More of James Clappison’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Hertsmere
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Home Department
- Education and Skills
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- New Deal
- Jobcentre Plus
- Higher Education: Admissions
Other offices held in the past
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 14 Feb 2011)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (10 Jul 2007 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (22 Jan 2007 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Draft Civil Contingencies Bill (Joint Committee) (10 Jul 2003 to 28 Nov 2003)
- Member, Constitutional Affairs Committee (28 Jan 2003 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (18 Nov 2002 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (1 Jan 2002 to 1 Jan 2003)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Work and Pensions) (1 Jan 2001 to 1 Jan 2002)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Treasury) (1 Jan 2000 to 1 Jan 2001)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Education) (1 Jan 1999 to 1 Jan 2000)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Home Affairs) (1 Jan 1997 to 1 Jan 1999)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Environment) (6 Jul 1995 to 1 May 1997)
- Member, Members' Interests Committee (9 Dec 1994 to 11 Jul 1995)
- Member, Health Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 24 Jan 1994)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 8 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 5 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 64.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 15 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 92 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 785 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc.
Member of Lloyd's. (Resigned 31 December 1994.)
Categories of business underwritten for open years: All.
8. Land and Property
27 acres of farmland, and a cricket pitch let out on a peppercorn rent, in Patrington, East Yorkshire, from which rental income is received.
32 rented houses in East Yorkshire, five of which are registered in joint names with my wife. (Updated 29 August 2013, 27 November 2013, 21 March 2014, 18 June 2014, 4 August 2014 and 7 January 2015)
Barrister, not undertaking work.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from