Employment Rights Bill - Second reading – Christopher Chope.
EU Membership (Audit of Costs and Benefits) Bill - Second reading – Christopher Chope.
House of Lords (Maximum Membership) Bill - Second reading – Christopher Chope.
More of Christopher Chope's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Christchurch
Entered House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Also represented Southampton, Itchen
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Congestion Charging
- Individual Learning Accounts
- Official Travel
- Equitable Life
Currently held offices
- Member, Justice Committee
- Member, Privileges Committee
- Member, Standards Committee
- Member, Political and Constitutional Reform Committee
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Standards and Privileges (12 Dec 2012 to 7 Jan 2013)
- Member, Draft Constitutional Renewal Bill (Joint Committee) (7 May 2008 to 27 Nov 2008)
- Member, Administration Committee (16 Nov 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Procedure Committee (13 Dec 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Chairmen's Panel Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister, Shadow Secretary of State for Environment & Transport (9 May 2005 to 20 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Environment and Transport (6 Jul 2004 to 9 May 2005)
- Shadow Minister, Environment & Transport (10 May 2004 to 6 Jul 2004)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
- Leasehold Reform (Amendment) Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Deregulation Bill Committee (9 out of 18)
- Chairman, Children and Families Bill Committee (10 out of 19)
- Chairman, Defamation Bill Committee (1 out of 5)
- Mobile Homes Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Police Reform and Social Responsibility Bill Committee (8 out of 20)
- Local Government Ombudsman (Amendment) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Legislation (Territorial Extent) Bill Committee (0 out of 2)
- Chairman, Finance (No. 2) Bill Committee (2 out of 5)
- Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims (Amendment) bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Chairman, Flood and Water Management Bill Committee (4 out of 10)
- Chairman, Debt Relief (Developing Countries) Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Chairman, Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Bill Committee (11 out of 18)
- Chairman, National Insurance Contributions Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Chairman, Regulatory Enforcement and Sanctions Bill Committee (4 out of 4)
- Financial Mutuals Arrangements Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Crown Employment (Nationality) Bill Committee (2 out of 2)
- Chairman, Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Bill Committee (9 out of 18)
- Chairman, Child Maintenance and Other Payments Bill Committee (7 out of 11)
- Legislative and Regulatory Reform Bill Committee (8 out of 8)
- Chairman, Education and Inspections Bill Committee (10 out of 21)
- Road Safety Bill Committee (9 out of 9)
- Civil Partnership Bill Committee (5 out of 5)
- School Transport Bill Committee (2 out of 4)
- Traffic Management Bill Committee (9 out of 9)
- Industrial and Provident Societies Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Finance Bill Committee (13 out of 16)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 63 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 94 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 54.25% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 38 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 107 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Christopher Chope’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1803 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jan 2015.
1. Remunerated directorships
Carclew Limited; small private company which provides business consultancy services but excludes advice on parliamentary or public affairs (not trading).
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Address of donor: Members Hill, Brooklands Road, Weybridge KT13 0QU
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two tickets to Chelsea Flower Show
, including hospitality; total value £1,404
Date of receipt of donation: 20 May 2014
Date of acceptance of donation: 20 May 2014
Donor status: company, registration 1501573
(Registered 4 November 2014)
9. Registrable shareholdings
(a) Carclew Limited (not trading).
I am a barrister, currently non-practising.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from