How William Cash voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately against removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituencyDetails
- Voted moderately for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")Details
- Voted moderately for reducing central government funding of local governmentDetails
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VATDetails
- Voted moderately against more EU integrationDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
William Cash quite often rebelled against their party in this parliament
My right hon. Friend rightly emphasised the needs of the victims and their families. Does he accept that sometimes media reporting can be insensitive and can create greater bereavement and distress as a result, and will he urge the media to try to do whatever they can to make sure the situation is not made worse by the reporting?
I beg to move, That the clause be read a Second time. I am grateful to be called at this late hour. This new clause is important. I look to the Home Secretary; she knows exactly where I am coming from and where I am going. She may believe that we will be defeated on this new clause, but nothing will prevent me from making the point, which is that the Bill could become pointless. The...
I wish to press my amendment to a Division.
More of William Cash's recent appearances
Conservative MP for Stone
Entered House of Commons on 3 May 1984 — unknown
Also represented Stafford
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Constitutional Affairs
- Prime Minister
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- European Constitution
- EU Reform: Treaties
- EU Internal Trade
- EU Economic Policy
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (15 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (29 Jun 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 53 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 65.97% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 47 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 104 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on William Cash’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1872 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession, etc.
Solicitor, William Cash & Co, The Tithe Barn, Upton Cresset, nr Bridgnorth, WV16 6UH.
December 2013, received £25,000 . Hours: 66 hrs. (Registered 19 December 2013)
8. Land and Property
Half share in London rental property (residential). (Registered 16 April 2012)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.