Does Bill Cash respond to constituents’ emails?
According to our 2015 survey, Bill Cash responded to a
low proportion of messages
sent by constituents on WriteToThem.com.
See the results in context
Bill Cash’s voting in Parliament
Bill Cash is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Bill Cash sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Bill Cash almost always voted against fixed periods between parliamentary elections, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
Bill Cash consistently voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Bill Cash’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Bill Cash’s full vote analysis page for more.
Bill Cash has sometimes rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
May I pay tribute to the Prime Minister for the dignity with which he addressed the nation from 10 Downing Street on Friday? Will my right hon. Friend take a positive and simple message to the leaders of the other 27 member states of the European Council tomorrow—namely, that the voters of the United Kingdom have demonstrated the value of that great principle, the principle of...
I have one simple message as we approach the last week of the referendum campaign: people fought and died for the right to govern themselves; people fought and died for our democracy, and it is on democracy that everything else depends.
In a minute, but not now. People fought and died for the right to govern themselves, and everything else depends on that, including the economic arguments. I urge the British people to consider the consequences for future generations if we get this wrong and vote to stay in the European Union. As a result of successive leaderships since 1972, we have given away more and more of our powers to...
More of Bill Cash’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Stone
Entered the House of Commons on 3 May 1984 — unknown
Also represented Stafford
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Constitutional Affairs
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- European Constitution
- EU Reform: Treaties
- EU Internal Trade
- Electricity Interconnectors
Currently held offices
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (since 10 Sep 2015)
- Chair, European Scrutiny Committee (since 21 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 21 Jul 2015)
- Member, Parliamentary Privilege (Joint Committee) (3 Dec 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, European Scrutiny Committee (8 Sep 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Liaison Committee (Commons) (8 Sep 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (14 Nov 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Secretary of State (1 Jul 2003 to 6 Nov 2003)
- Shadow Attorney General (18 Sep 2001 to 6 Nov 2003)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (17 Nov 1998 to 8 Sep 2010)
- Member, Employment Committee (15 May 1989 to 21 Mar 1990)
- Member, Consolidation etc. Bills (Joint Committee) (17 Jun 1987 to 15 Dec 1989)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (1 May 1986 to 15 Dec 1989)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (1 May 1986 to 15 Dec 1989)
- Member, European Legislation Committee (15 Jul 1985 to 17 Nov 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 52 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Bill Cash’s speeches
- Has received answers to 26 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 79.66% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 47 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 112 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Bill Cash’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2012 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jun 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
Solicitor, William Cash & Co, The Tithe Barn, Upton Cresset, nr Bridgnorth, WV16 6UH.
8 May 2016
, received £35,000. Hours: 90 hrs. (Registered 26 May 2016)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Half share in London rental property (residential): (i). (Registered 16 April 2012
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from