This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources.
Email me updates on Menzies Campbell’s activity (no more than once per day)
Liberal Democrat MP for North East Fife
- Entered Parliament on 11 June 1987 — General election
- Send a message to your MP (via WriteToThem.com)
- Sign up to HearFromYourMP to get messages from your MP
- Help us add video by matching a speech by Menzies Campbell
- Voting record
- Topics of interest
- Most recent appearances
- Register of Members’ Interests
Voting record (from PublicWhip)
How Menzies Campbell voted on key issues since 2001:
- Voted very strongly for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions. votes
- Voted very strongly against Labour's anti-terrorism laws. votes
- Voted very strongly against allowing ministers to intervene in inquests. votes
- Voted moderately for more EU integration. votes
- Voted moderately for greater autonomy for schools. votes
- Voted moderately against replacing Trident. votes
- Voted very strongly against introducing ID cards. votes
- Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords. votes
- Voted moderately for a wholly elected House of Lords. votes
- Voted very strongly for laws to stop climate change. votes
- Voted strongly for increasing the rate of VAT. votes
- Voted strongly against a stricter asylum system. votes
- Voted moderately against a more proportional system for electing MPs. votes
- Voted moderately against the hunting ban. votes
- Voted very strongly against the Iraq war. votes
- Voted very strongly for an investigation into the Iraq war. votes
- Voted very strongly against introducing foundation hospitals. votes
- Voted very strongly against university tuition fees. votes
- Voted against raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year. votes
- Voted a mixture of for and against a transparent Parliament. votes
- Voted moderately for a smoking ban. votes
- Voted strongly for equal gay rights. votes
Read about how the voting record is decided.
- Hardly ever rebels against their party in this parliament.
Topics of interest
Select Committee membership
- Member, Parliamentary Privilege (Joint Committee) (since 3 Dec 2012)
- Member, Draft Detention of Terrorist Suspects (Temporary Extension) Bills (Joint Committee) (since 15 Jun 2011)
- Member, Intelligence and Security (Joint Committee) (since 13 Sep 2010)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (since 12 Jul 2010)
Asks most questions about
- Departments: Defence, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Trade and Industry, Solicitor-General, Home Department
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Iraq, Stolen Equipment, RAF Leuchars, Air Force: Military Bases, KBR
(based on written questions asked by Menzies Campbell and answered by departments)
No data to display.
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 65 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 69.95% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 16 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 20–21 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 71 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Menzies Campbell’s activity.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 873 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Register last updated: 25 Nov 2013. More about the Register
Figures in brackets are ranks.Data from parliament.uk (source). Read 2004/05 – 2008/09 and 1st quarter 2009/10 receipts.
|Type||2008/09 (ranking out of 647)||2007/08 (ranking out of 645)||2006/07 (ranking out of 645)||2005/06||2004/05 (ranking out of 659)||2003/04 (ranking out of 658)||2002/03 (ranking out of 657)||2001/02 (ranking out of 657)|
|Staying away from main home||£15,041 (426th)||£22,570 (258th)||£16,667 (475th)||£10,964||£15,071 (487th)||£16,450 (423rd)||£12,098 (570th)||£13,686 (463rd)|
|Office running costs||£12,764 (515th)||£13,039 (517th)||£15,243 (553rd)||£19,518||£14,658 (501st)||£14,399 (578th)||£12,586 (592nd)||£12,642 (437th)|
|Staffing costs||£95,751 (311th)||£90,794 (161st)||£87,587 (141st)||£73,756||£64,738 (552nd)||£62,845 (545th)||£62,728 (381st)||£46,414 (298th)|
|Communications Allowance||£9,072 (302nd)||£3,294 (519th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Travel||£15,739 (55th)1||£14,406 (91st)2||£17,440 (33rd)||£13,449||£20,383 (52nd)||£18,467 (74th)||£11,793 (255th)||£14,875 (76th)|
|Members' Staff Travel||£763 (99th)||£320 (271st)||£268 (joint 295th with 1 other)||£370||£1,006 (joint 186th with 2 others)||£0||£808 (196th)||£1,258 (100th)|
|Members' Spouse Travel||£1,598 (68th)||£955 (128th)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Members' Family Travel||£0||£0||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Purchased Stationery||£2,950 (joint 383rd with 1 other)||£797 (315th)||£1,231 (213th)||£747||£709 (399th)||£819 (347th)||£640 (joint 500th with 1 other)||£1,254 (243rd)|
|Stationery: Associated Postage Costs||£2,883 (250th)||£3,259 (255th)||£3,088||£2,745 (297th)||£2,305 (358th)||N/A||N/A|
|Centrally Provided Computer Equipment||£1,323 (joint 157th with 1 other)||£1,115 (joint 227th with 3 others)||£1,725||£1,725 (joint 503rd with 1 other)||£1,725 (joint 494th with 1 other)||£1,725 (joint 467th with 1 other)||£0|
|Other Costs||£7,294 (26th)||£6,731 (21st)||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0||£0|
|Total||£160,971 (185th)||£157,112 (140th)||£142,810 (218th)||£123,617||£121,035 (joint 380th with 1 other)||£117,010 (375th)||£102,378 (518th)||£90,129 (289th)|