How Menzies Campbell voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
- Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EUDetails
- Voted moderately for more EU integrationDetails
- Voted moderately for removing hereditary peers from the House of LordsDetails
- Voted strongly for a wholly elected House of LordsDetails
- Voted a mixture of for and against fewer MPs in the House of CommonsDetails
- Voted very strongly against raising welfare benefits at least in line with pricesDetails
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Menzies Campbell hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
The Russian response to the downing of the aircraft has been a mixture of disingenuousness and paranoia, and they have abandoned realism. It has already been argued that steps should be taken to make them take a more realistic approach, but is there not a real challenge for the north Atlantic alliance, both with the European Union and with NATO, to ensure that we act in such a united and...
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what the cost has been to date of all Typhoon Force-related capital works at RAF Lossiemouth; and what estimate he has made of the total cost of facilitating the future operation of the Typhoon Force and the Northern Quick Reaction Alert facility at that base.
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what Typhoon Force mission-specific infrastructure at RAF Leuchars has been identified for deconstruction as a result of the transfer of the transfer of the Typhoon Force to RAF Lossiemouth.
More of Menzies Campbell's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for North East Fife
Entered House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Trade and Industry
- Home Department
- Stolen Equipment
- RAF Leuchars
- Air Force: Military Bases
Other offices held in the past
- Chairman, Committee on Issue of Privilege (Police Searches on Parliamentary Estate) (10 Aug 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Intelligence and Security (Cabinet Office) Committee (25 Nov 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (18 Apr 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Party Leader (3 Mar 2006 to 16 Oct 2007)
- Shadow Secretary of State and Deputy Leader, Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs (26 Jan 2004 to 3 Mar 2006)
- Deputy Leader (26 Jan 2004 to 3 Mar 2006)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 40 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 34 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.73% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 16 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 20–21 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 69 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Menzies Campbell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 884 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jun 2014.
1. Remunerated directorships
Scottish American Investment Company PLC
(£15,001–£20,000). My Directorship came to an end on 31st March 2014. (Updated 29 April 2014)
Payment of £5,000 gross (£3,000 net) received on 30 June 2013. Hours: 12 hrs. (Registered 31 July 2013)
Payment of £5,000 gross (£3,000 net) received on 30 September 2013. Hours: 12 hrs. (Registered 10 October 2013)
Payment of £5,000 gross (£3,000 net) received on 31 December 2013. Hours: 12 hrs. (Registered 7 January 2014)
Payment of £5,000 gross (£3,000 net) received on 31 March 2014. Hours: 12 hrs. (Registered 29 April 2014)
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Queen’s Counsel. (Resumed practice at the Bar with effect from 1 January 2008.) Payments are made through Faculty Services Ltd, Advocates Library, Parliament House, Edinburgh EH1 1RF, and the payment figure is subject to deductions to reflect overheads due to the Faculty of Advocates
Payments received from BBC
for appearances on ‘Any Questions
’. Address: BBC Contributor Payments, PO
Box 480, Manchester M14 0EL:
Payment of £150 received on 30 September 2013 for appearance on 20 September 2013. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 14 October 2013)
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
As a former Leader of the Liberal Democrats, I enjoy Honorary Membership for life of the National Liberal Club. (Registered 29 August 2013)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.