Business, Innovation and Skills: Royal Mail Privatisation.
Witnesses: Rt Hon Vince Cable MP, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills and Rt Hon. Michael Fallon MP, Minister of State for Business and Energy, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
The Government support a living wage and encourage businesses to pay it when it is affordable and not at the expense of jobs. We recognise that these have been challenging times and we applaud companies that have chosen to pay higher wages.
That is an interesting suggestion for nudging companies in the right direction, and I will certainly have a look at it. I am certainly very opposed to coercive measures because those would simply add to unemployment, but I will reflect on that suggestion, which is a new one.
More of Vincent Cable's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Twickenham
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Trade and Industry
- Home Department
- Departmental Staff
- IT Projects
- Ascension Island
Other offices held in the past
- Deputy Leader and Shadow Chancellor (8 Jan 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Deputy Party Leader (20 Dec 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Shadow Chancellor & Deputy Party Leader, Treasury (20 Dec 2007 to 8 Jan 2009)
- Acting Leader (16 Oct 2007 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Shadow Chancellor & Acting Party Leader, Treasury (16 Oct 2007 to 20 Dec 2007)
- Deputy Leader (4 Apr 2006 to 16 Oct 2007)
- Shadow Chancellor, Treasury (26 Jan 2004 to 16 Oct 2007)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 54.59% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 35 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 209 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Vincent Cable’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1240 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.