What estimate his Department has made of the contribution of life sciences to the UK economy.
Sutton is home to the Institute of Cancer Research and the Royal Marsden. Together, they have a formidable global reputation in the fight against cancer. As part of its Opportunity Sutton programme, my council has a shared plan with those two organisations to develop a life science cluster. Will the Minister meet me and representatives of those organisations to discuss how the Department can...
What steps her Department is taking to support developing countries in tackling the effects of dementia.
More of Paul Burstow's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Sutton and Cheam
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Education and Skills
- Criminal Records Bureau
- Care Homes
- Parliamentary Questions
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department of Health (13 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (29 Jan 2008 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Modernisation of the House of Commons Committee (4 May 2006 to 20 Aug 2008)
- Member, Finance & Services Committee (26 Apr 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- Chief Whip (23 Mar 2006 to 11 May 2010)
- London, Non-Departmental & Cross Departmental Responsibilities (19 Oct 2005 to 21 Mar 2006)
- Member, Health Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 26 Apr 2006)
- Member, Health Committee (12 Oct 2004 to 11 Apr 2005)
- Member, Health Committee (to 8 Sep 2004)
- Member, Draft Mental Incapacity Bill (Joint Committee) (to 11 Jun 2004)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Health, Health (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 92 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.39% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 8 annotations on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 163 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Paul Burstow’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 743 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Apr 2014.
(a) Name of donor: Paul Burstow Business Networking Club
(a) Address of donor: 234 Gander Green Lane
, Sutton SM3 9QF
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £1,549.45
(a) Donor status: members’ association
(a) (Registered 30 January 2014)
8. Land and Property
I own a 25% share of house in Sutton, lived in by my mother.
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.