To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many finished consultant episodes there were with a (a) primary and (b) secondary diagnosis of HIV infection in (i) England and (ii) each region in each year since 1989.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what steps he is taking to develop the understanding, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of HIV among NHS clinicians who do not specialise in HIV; what assessment he has made of the adequacy and extent of training on HIV for such clinicians; and if he will make a statement.
May I stress to my right hon. Friend that if there is no new rolling stock with the award of the franchise, there will be considerable disappointment among commuters and other users, and it will totally undermine all Network Rail’s improvements to the infrastructure? Current rolling stock on the commuter lines is so outdated that it has problems with acceleration and braking.
More of Simon Burns’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Chelmsford
Entered House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Also represented West Chelmsford
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Work and Pensions
- Members: Correspondence
- Parliamentary Questions
- Special Advisers
- Ministerial Travel
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department for Transport (6 Sep 2012 to 4 Oct 2013)
- The Minister of State, Department of Health (13 May 2010 to 6 Sep 2012)
- Member, Administration Committee (6 Nov 2006 to 30 Mar 2009)
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (19 Dec 2005 to 9 May 2006)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (10 Dec 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Health) (1 Jan 2001 to 10 Dec 2005)
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (7 Nov 2000 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, Health Committee (5 Jul 1999 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Communities and Local Government) (1 Jan 1998 to 1 Jan 1999)
- Shadow Spokesperson (Business, Innovation and Skills) (1 Jan 1997 to 1 Jan 1998)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health) (23 Jul 1996 to 2 May 1997)
- The Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty's Treasury (8 Jul 1995 to 23 Jul 1996)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (20 Jul 1994 to 7 Jul 1995)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 49 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- People have made 11 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 144 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Simon Burns’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 960 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: Government of Taiwan
Address of donor: Taipei Representative Office, 50 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0EB
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation and hospitality at an approximate value of £3,640
Destination of visit: Taiwan
Date of visit: 20-26 October 2014
Purpose of visit: to learn more about High Speed Rail and relations between Taiwan and the People’s Republic of China.
(Registered 29 October 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from