To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, how many people were employed in the Highways Agency Traffic Officer Service in each year since 2010; and how many people are employed in the comparable section of Highways England.
I congratulate the hon. Gentleman on securing the debate. I should like to press him on urban “not spots”. Often, the most isolated areas actually have good broadband coverage where the commercial contracts have worked, but little bits are left, often in residential areas, and we cannot even get the commercial firms to be transparent about where those areas are, let alone do what...
I congratulate the hon. Member for Sherwood (Mark Spencer) on securing this debate. The Minister will understand that feeling on this issue runs deep across both the east and west midlands. The feeling is cross-party, and it will not go away. It is vital that something happens on regional broadcasting in the Government’s negotiations on charter renewal; it must not be something that is...
More of Richard Burden’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Birmingham, Northfield
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Department for Transport
- Middle East
- Occupied Territories
- Telephone Services
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, West Midlands Regional Select Committee (12 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, West Midlands Regional Select Committee (3 Mar 2009 to 12 Mar 2009)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Mar 2008 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 205 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 97 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Richard Burden’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 457 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
(a) Donations to my constituency
party or association, which have been or will be reported by my party to the Electoral Commission:
(a) Name of donor: Unite the Union
(a) Address of donor: 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
(a) (Registered 9 April 2014)
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Name of donor: Motor Sports Association
Address of donor: Riverside Park, Colnbrook SL3 0HG
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two passes and hospitality for British Grand Prix at Silverstone, 6 July 2014, value £980.
Date of receipt of donation: 6 July 2014
Date of acceptance of donation: 6 July 2014
Donor status: company, registration 1344829
(Registered 21 July 2014)
27 April 2014, I received two passes to Paddock/Grid areas of BTCC
rounds in 2014 from British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) Administration, 17 White House Grove, Elvington, York YO41 4AL. (Registered 10 April 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from