Richard Burden’s voting in Parliament
Richard Burden is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Richard Burden sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Richard Burden generally voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
Richard Burden generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Richard Burden’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Richard Burden’s full vote analysis page for more.
Richard Burden occasionally rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what estimate his Department has made of the cost to the public purse of non-emergency care in the NHS for non-EEA seafarers employed on UK registered ships in each year since 2009-10.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, pursuant to the Answer of 5 February 2016 to Question 24915, which potential employment protections would protect seafarers from nationality-based pay discrimination.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, pursuant to the Answer of 29 January 2016 to Question 24913, what assessment he has made of the likely take-up of the (a) deck and (b) other Maritime Trailblazer ratings apprenticeships (i) before and (ii) after the introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy from April 2017.
More of Richard Burden’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Birmingham, Northfield
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Department for Transport
- International Development
- Middle East
- Occupied Territories
- Telephone Services
- Highways Agency
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (since 7 Oct 2013)
Other offices held in the past
- Chair, West Midlands Regional Select Committee (12 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, West Midlands Regional Select Committee (3 Mar 2009 to 12 Mar 2009)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Mar 2008 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 35 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 252 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 69.79% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 89 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Richard Burden’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 475 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 14 Dec 2015.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Unite the Union
Address of donor: 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 05 June 2015
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: The British Automobile Racing Club
Address of donor: 17 White House Grove, Elvington, York YO41 4AL
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two passes to paddock areas of British Touring Car Championship 2015 rounds. two passes to paddock areas of British Touring Car Championship 2015 rounds. The value of these passes on the open market is approx. £800.
Date received: 19 April 2015
Date accepted: 19 April 2015
Donor status: company, registration 05246427
(Registered 22 May 2015
Name of donor: Motor Sports Association
Address of donor: Riverside Park, Colnbrook SL3 0HG
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two passes and hospitality for British Grand Prix
at Silverstone, 5 July 2015
, value £1,088.
Date of receipt of donation: 5 July 2015
Date of acceptance of donation: 5 July 2015
Donor status: company, registration 1344829
(Registered 20 July 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from