Richard Burden’s voting in Parliament
Richard Burden is a Labour MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Richard Burden sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Richard Burden generally voted against the Iraq war, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
Richard Burden generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Richard Burden’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Richard Burden’s full vote analysis page for more.
Richard Burden never rebelled against their party in this parliament
Funding for West Midlands Police – Richard Burden.
I think that the Minister may inadvertently have misunderstood my hon. Friend’s question. She was not asking him when the Government will make their final decision; we understand that that will take some time. She was asking for a timetable or road map of the process whereby decisions will be made. Who will be talked to at which stage? Which agenda items will be discussed at which...
I add my congratulations to those that have been given to my hon. Friend the Member for Newport East (Jessica Morden) on securing this important debate and on her years of tireless campaigning on the issue. The same is true of other hon. Members, some of whom we have heard from today, including the Chair of the Welsh Affairs Committee, the hon. Member for Monmouth (David T. C. Davies), who...
More of Richard Burden’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Birmingham, Northfield
Entered the House of Commons on 9 April 1992 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- International Development
- Department for Transport
- Middle East
- Occupied Territories
- Telephone Services
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (7 Oct 2013 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Chair, West Midlands Regional Select Committee (12 Mar 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, West Midlands Regional Select Committee (3 Mar 2009 to 12 Mar 2009)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (10 Mar 2008 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, International Development Committee (12 Jul 2005 to 4 Nov 2013)
- Member, Trade & Industry Committee (16 Jul 2001 to 12 Jul 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 38 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 212 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 67.92% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 7 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 97 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Richard Burden’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 460 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Aug 2015.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Unite the Union
Address of donor: 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 05 June 2015)
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: The British Automobile Racing Club
Address of donor: 17 White House Grove, Elvington, York YO41 4AL
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two passes to paddock areas of British Touring Car Championship 2015 rounds. two passes to paddock areas of British Touring Car Championship 2015 rounds. The value of these passes on the open market is approx. £800.
Date received: 19 April 2015
Date accepted: 19 April 2015
Donor status: company, registration 05246427
(Registered 22 May 2015)
Name of donor: Motor Sports Association
Address of donor: Riverside Park, Colnbrook SL3 0HG
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two passes and hospitality for British Grand Prix at Silverstone, 5 July 2015, value £1,088.
Date of receipt of donation: 5 July 2015
Date of acceptance of donation: 5 July 2015
Donor status: company, registration 1344829
(Registered 20 July 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from