Effect of short let deregulation on residential neighbourhoods in London – Karen Buck.
Last week, the chief executive of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust told me that it had a ward of patients that it was unable to discharge into the community. This week the Care Quality Commission ranked the A and E unit at St Mary’s as being inadequate owing to a lack of bed capacity and physical capacity in the ward. Yesterday the London ambulance service had to call in emergency...
Will the Minister give way?
More of Karen Buck's recent appearances
Labour MP for Westminster North
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Also represented Regent's Park and Kensington North
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Work and Pensions
- Communities and Local Government
- Education and Skills
- Housing Benefit
- Social Rented Housing
- Social Security Benefits
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Education) (7 Oct 2011 to 16 Apr 2013)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (8 Oct 2010 to 7 Oct 2011)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 2 Nov 2010)
- Member, Children, Schools and Families Committee (18 Feb 2010 to 11 May 2010)
- Chairman, London Regional Select Committee (16 Dec 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, London Regional Select Committee (15 Dec 2009 to 16 Dec 2009)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (18 Jul 2006 to 15 Dec 2009)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Transport (11 May 2005 to 28 Apr 2006)
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (to 11 Apr 2005)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 21 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 33 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.71% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 19 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 171 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Karen Buck’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 421 times in debates — above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Dec 2014.
(a) Address of donor: 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,000
(a) (Registered 4 April 2014)
(a) Address of donor: St James Business Park, 81 Linwood Road, Paisley, PA3 3BB
(a) Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
(a) Donor status: trade union
(a) (Registered 9 April 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from