I would like to thank, through the Secretary of State, the British personnel who are engaged in tackling the outbreak. Following up the question on the WHO, does she acknowledge that it did not respond quickly enough and that its mechanisms are not really fit for purpose? Will she press for a review of the workings of the WHO so that it can be more efficient in future?
More of Malcolm Bruce's recent appearances
Liberal Democrat MP for Gordon
Entered House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Trade and Industry
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Work and Pensions
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Export Credits Guarantee Department
- Green Ministers
Currently held offices
- Deputy Leader, Liberal Democrats
Other offices held in the past
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (2 Feb 2010 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, National Security Strategy (Joint Committee) (14 Jan 2010 to 19 Jan 2010)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (7 Oct 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Committee on Arms Export Controls (18 Apr 2008 to 7 Oct 2009)
- Chairman, International Development Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, Liaison Committee (1 Nov 2005 to 11 May 2010)
- Member, International Development Committee (14 Jul 2005 to 1 Nov 2005)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Trade & Industry, Trade & Industry (26 Jan 2004 to 1 Jun 2005)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 63.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 15 annotations on this MP’s speeches — above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 60 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Malcolm Bruce’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 1138 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Dec 2014.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
£250 received from Wroxton College, Wroxton OX15 6PX, for preparing and delivering a talk on 7 May 2014. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 19 May 2014)
6. Overseas visits
Name of donor: The European Azerbaijan Society
Address of donor: 15 Queen Anne’s Gate, London SW1H 9BU
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £2,423, comprising £1,943 for flights and £480 for 4 nights at a hotel
Date of visit: 26 May to 29 May 2014
Purpose of visit: to meet with political and parliamentary figures including the President of the Republic, ministers, the British Ambassador, local public service centres, representatives of international organisations and human rights groups.
(Registered 4 July 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from