How Nick Brown voted since 2001
Randomly generated selection of topics. See full list.
Voted strongly for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Source
Voted moderately against encouraging occupational pensions Source
Voted very strongly for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Source
Voted moderately against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Source
Voted strongly against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Source
Voted very strongly against reducing central government funding of local government Source
Get email notifications when Nick Brown votes in parliament.
See our much more detailed, easier-to-read analysis of votes on health, welfare, foreign policy, social issues, taxation and more.
Nick Brown hardly ever rebelled against their party in this parliament
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what the latest performance rating assigned to universal credit by the Major Projects Authority is.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health what his policy is on named GPs for NHS patients under the age of 75.
What assessment he has made of the effectiveness of governance and security at HMP Northumberland.
More of Nick Brown's recent appearances
Labour MP for Newcastle upon Tyne East
Entered House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Also represented Newcastle upon Tyne East and Wallsend
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Work and Pensions
- Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Manpower
- Departmental Responsibilities
- Departmental Offices
- Students: Finance
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State (the North East), Regional Affairs (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury (the North East), HM Treasury (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Chief Whip (technically Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury) (6 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Member, Administration Committee (13 Jul 2007 to 28 Oct 2008)
- Deputy Chief Whip (technically Treasurer of Her Majesty's Household) (28 Jun 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Minister of State (Work), Department for Work and Pensions (11 Jun 2001 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Secretary of State, Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (27 Jul 1998 to 9 Jun 2001)
- Chief Whip (technically Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury) (3 May 1997 to 27 Jul 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 119 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.45% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 134 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nick Brown’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 942 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 26 Aug 2014.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Address of donor : (1) Members Hill, Brooklands Road, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 0QU; (2) Lewes, East Sussex, BN8 5UU
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: for myself and a guest, afternoon insight tour and evening performance; value under £2,000
Date of receipt of donation: 24 July 2014
Date of acceptance of donation: 24 July 2014
Donor status: (1) company, registration no 01501573; (2) registered charity
(Registered 21 August 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from