Yes, the hon. Gentleman did catch me correctly.
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Bayley, in a reversal of roles, with you keeping me in order rather than the historical position. This is an important report. I congratulate the hon. Member for Harwich and North Essex (Mr Jenkin), the Chair of the Public Administration Committee, on the very thorough way in which he introduced it and explained its contents. I will focus...
I understand the recommendation. It is indeed a strong one and one that I support, but it is no longer my function to try to sort out demarcation disputes in this place, so although I have some experience of trying to do so, I will leave that to others, who are perhaps in a better position than I am to give a definitive answer to the point that the right hon. Lady quite rightly raises....
More of Nick Brown's recent appearances
Labour MP for Newcastle upon Tyne East
Entered House of Commons on 9 June 1983 — General election
Also represented Newcastle upon Tyne East and Wallsend
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Innovation and Skills
- Work and Pensions
- Communities and Local Government
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Departmental Manpower
- Departmental Responsibilities
- Departmental Offices
- Students: Finance
Other offices held in the past
- Minister of State (the North East), Regional Affairs (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury (the North East), HM Treasury (10 Jun 2009 to 11 May 2010)
- Chief Whip (technically Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury) (6 Oct 2008 to 10 Jun 2009)
- Member, Administration Committee (13 Jul 2007 to 28 Oct 2008)
- Deputy Chief Whip (technically Treasurer of Her Majesty's Household) (28 Jun 2007 to 6 Oct 2008)
- Minister of State (Work), Department for Work and Pensions (11 Jun 2001 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Secretary of State, Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (27 Jul 1998 to 9 Jun 2001)
- Chief Whip (technically Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury) (3 May 1997 to 27 Jul 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 119 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 76.28% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 135 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nick Brown’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 945 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Oct 2014.
5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK
Address of donor: (1) Members Hill, Brooklands Road, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 0QU; (2) Lewes, East Sussex, BN8 5UU
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: for myself and a guest, afternoon insight tour and evening performance; value under £2,000
Date of receipt of donation: 24 July 2014
Date of acceptance of donation: 24 July 2014
Donor status: (1) company, registration no 01501573; (2) registered charity
(Registered 21 August 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from