Julian Brazier’s voting in Parliament
Julian Brazier is a Conservative MP, and so on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Julian Brazier sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Julian Brazier generally voted against allowing marriage between two people of same sex, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Julian Brazier’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Julian Brazier’s full vote analysis page for more.
Julian Brazier never rebelled against their party in this parliament
The UK respects the sovereign responsibilities of the eight Arctic states while promoting our own interests in the region. We engage with the security of the region through the Arctic security forces roundtable, and directly with Arctic nations. We maintain naval and air assets capable of deploying to the region, and Arctic trained and equipped forces, including elements of 3 Commando Brigade.
I cannot confirm what the hon. Gentleman asks for about RAF Leuchars, but if he waits until half-past 3, he should hear some excellent news for Scotland.
I am grateful to my hon. Friend for his question, but he will have to wait until half-past 3 for confirmation of the future of our amphibious capability. I take on board his point about under-ice submarines, and I will write to him about that.
More of Julian Brazier’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Canterbury
Entered the House of Commons on 11 June 1987 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Navy: Reserve Forces
- People Trafficking
- Military Equipment
- Non-Domestic Rates: Ports
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence (since 15 Jul 2014)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Defence Committee (12 Jul 2010 to 3 Nov 2014)
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (10 May 2005 to 6 May 2010)
- Shadow Minister (Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) (1 Oct 2003 to 1 Jun 2005)
- Shadow Minister (Home Affairs) (1 Mar 2003 to 1 Oct 2003)
- Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions) (1 Jun 2002 to 1 Jun 2003)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (1 Jun 2001 to 1 Jun 2002)
- Member, Defence Committee (14 Jul 1998 to 11 May 2001)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.94% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 21 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 127 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Julian Brazier’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 695 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Nov 2015.
1. Employment and earnings
15 July 2015
, royalty payment of £124.38 received from Endeavour Press, c/o Tattlebury House, Cranbrook Road, Goudhurst, Cranbrook TN17 1BT, via Sheil Land Associates Ltd, 52 Doughty Street, London WC1N 2LS, for an e-novel. Hours: impossible to estimate accurately. (Registered 12 August 2015
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Barnaby Swire
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 08 May 2015
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Hannam and Partners LLP
Address of donor: 2 Park Street, London W1K 2HX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: ticket costing £500 for hospitality at an Army Veterans event on 28 and 29 May 2015
Date received: 28 May 2015
Date accepted: 28 May 2015
Donor status: company, registration OC386198
(Registered 03 June 2015
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from