May I tell the Leader of the House, for whom, as I think he knows, I have the highest respect, that his shabby manoeuvre demeans him and the office of Leader of the House, and shows contempt for Parliament? His successor should bring the matter back for a proper debate in the next Parliament.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, pursuant to the Answer of 16 March 2015 to Question 227363, when he expects the system-wide solutions to address the financial problems within the local health economy to be announced; and if he will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, what assessment he has made of the merits of siting the new Energy Systems Catapult project in Devon, Cornwall or Somerset.
More of Ben Bradshaw's recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Exeter
Entered House of Commons on 1 May 1997 — General election
Left Parliament on 30 March 2015 — General election
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Culture Media and Sport
- Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Health Services: Devon
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (17 Sep 2012 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Privacy and Injunctions (Joint Committee) (14 Jul 2011 to 12 Mar 2012)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (26 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (12 May 2010 to 8 Oct 2010)
- The Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport (6 Jun 2009 to 6 May 2010)
- The Minister of State, Department of Health (29 Jun 2007 to 5 Jun 2009)
- Minister of State (Regional Affairs) (South West) (29 Jun 2007 to 9 Jun 2009)
- Minister of State (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Local Environment, Marine and Animal Welfare) (10 Nov 2006 to 28 Jun 2007)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Local Environment, Marine and Animal Welfare) (13 Jun 2003 to 10 Nov 2006)
- Parliamentary Secretary (Privy Council Office) (29 May 2002 to 13 Jun 2003)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) (11 Jun 2001 to 28 May 2002)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (17 Nov 1998 to 11 May 2001)
- Member, European Legislation Committee (15 Jul 1997 to 17 Nov 1998)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Has received answers to 171 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2008, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 67.88% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 25 annotations on this MP’s speeches — well above average amongst MPs.
- This MP's speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 117 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 772 times in debates — well above average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 30 Mar 2015.
2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc
Payments from ComRes
, 4 Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for opinion surveys:
24 April 2014, payment of £75. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 2 May 2014)
6 June 2014, payment of £75. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 10 June 2014)
29 July 2014, payment of £75. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 6 August 2014)
29 September 2014, payment of £75. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 21 October 2014)
18 November 2014, payment of £75. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 26 November 2014)
12 February 2015, payment of £75. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 13 March 2015)
Payment from YouGov
, 50 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8RT:
4 June 2014, payment of £80. Hours: 30 mins. (Registered 10 June 2014)
I am a member of the Humboldt Advisory Board, Humboldt University, Mohrenstraffe 60, 10117 Berlin, and attended Advisory Board meetings in Berlin in April 2013 and in May 2014. The costs, which were below the registrable threshold, were met by the University. (Registered 8 October 2013; updated 10 June 2014)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Please feel free to use the data on this page, but if
you do you must cite TheyWorkForYou.com in the body
of your articles as the source of any analysis or
data you get off this site.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from