Does Peter Bottomley respond to constituents’ emails?
According to our 2015 survey, Peter Bottomley responded to a
low proportion of messages
sent by constituents on WriteToThem.com.
See the results in context
Peter Bottomley’s voting in Parliament
Peter Bottomley is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Peter Bottomley sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Peter Bottomley consistently voted against culling badgers to tackle bovine tuberculosis, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for.
Peter Bottomley almost always voted for laws to promote equality and human rights, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Peter Bottomley’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Peter Bottomley’s full vote analysis page for more.
Peter Bottomley has sometimes rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Attorney General, how and why the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) joined the Metropolitan Police in announcing that retired police sergeant Gurpal Virdi was charged with misconduct in public office and with indecent assault on a person under 16 years; what publicity the CPS recorded as resulting at the time; when the memorandum of a conviction proved 1 April 1987 for offences on 7...
To ask the Attorney General, what the cost is to the Crown Prosecution Service of obtaining a transcript of the Southwark Crown Court trial of charges against Gurpal Virdi.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what the cost to the Metropolitan Police is of obtaining a transcript of the Southwark Crown Court trial of charges against Gumpal Viladi.
More of Peter Bottomley’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Worthing West
Entered the House of Commons on 26 June 1975 — unknown
Also represented Eltham; Greenwich Woolwich West
Expenses data for MPs is available from 2004 onwards
split over several locations. At the moment we don't have the time to convert
it to a format we can display on the site so we just have to point you to where
you can find it.
Topics of interest
- Home Department
- Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- House of Commons
- Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards
- Krishna Maharaj
- Pedestrian Protection
- NHS: Ict
- National Black Police Association/Superintendent Dizaei
Currently held offices
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (since 28 Oct 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, High Speed Rail (London - West Midlands) Bill (Commons) Committee (29 Apr 2014 to 22 Feb 2016)
- Member, Draft Defamation Bill (Joint Committee) (24 Mar 2011 to 12 Oct 2011)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (26 Oct 2010 to 30 Mar 2015)
- Member, Constitutional Affairs Committee (28 Jan 2003 to 12 Jul 2005)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (31 Jan 2002 to 5 May 2005)
- Member, Unopposed Bills (Panel) (17 Oct 2001 to 6 May 2010)
- Member, Standards and Privileges Committee (25 Jun 1997 to 4 Mar 2002)
- Member, Transport Committee (27 Apr 1992 to 21 Mar 1997)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Northern Ireland Office) (4 Jul 1989 to 28 Jul 1990)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (23 Jan 1986 to 24 Jul 1989)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Employment) (11 Sep 1984 to 23 Jan 1986)
- Member, Overseas Development Committee (1 Nov 1978 to 4 Apr 1979)
- Member, Violence in the Family Committee (8 Mar 1976 to 25 May 1977)
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Jun 2016.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in Worthing: (i). (Registered 04 June 2015
Cottage in Waverley: (i). (Registered 04 June 2015)
House in Westminster: (i). (Registered 04 June 2015)
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
Streetbook Ltd; an internet community communications company. (Updated 4 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from